Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Nah I'll just bitch here while you Stan for the owners

MDS

yea thats what im doing...i always ride or die for billionaire ghouls

the sport is much bigger than one random work stoppage, so much bigger. like this isnt good. nobody likes this except for a bunch of bean counters who run these teams, but baseball will be played, theyll come up with a deal, and everything will eventually be fine. the sport just had its most profitable year in 2019! its not dying!

stop. crowd. sourcing. dumb. takes. on. twitter.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm too busy to worry about Twitter clowns takes on the mlb

I know that mlb steps on its dick routinely tho

PhillyPhreak54

By the way, god dammit, the Phillies were supposed to open in Houston.

So I get shafted.

MDS

they were supposed to be in houston in 2020 too...i know because i had a roadie planned there

i believe the last time they were there was 2012 when they were playing pretty well late in the year and making a silly run at the playoffs but got curb stomped by a terrible astros team
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah every eight years.

I was there in 2012 on a Friday night when they won like 12-something. CB Bucknor didn't like me heckling him for his strike zone and after he rung Jimmy up I let him have it. Stadium was empty and I was about 10 rows back and he pointed at me like he was gonna throw me out.

PhillyPhreak54

These dipshtein owners are crying poor but yet Apple just announced a new TV deal for Friday Night doubleheaders on AppleTV

MDS

so in order to watch baseball this year you need

-a cable subscription with espn, tbs and your local sports channel (fs1 too, but they have non exclusive games)
-apple tv
-peacock

thats right...peacock bought 18 sunday games thatll air at like 11:30 AM/12:30 PM. these are exclusive meaning they wont air on your local channel, or be available on mlbtv for that matter. same as apple tv. hooo boy

ice grillin you

whats the over under on number of people in the country who subscribe to peacock for baseball

100?

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

still higher than people who sign up for apple tv for it. 

MDS

appletv at least has some good shows and theyll have a ton more game inventory...i think theyre gonna wind up airing like 40-50 games. peacock is doing 18, which means chances are your team is on once and the game is airing on a sunday morning when people should have better things to do.

peacock - 0
appletv - 1000s

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah i have Apple TV for movies. And we started watching The Morning Show which is pretty good.

Doubt the Phils will be on peacock bc I'd imagine they want good teams on there

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

His arm is hanging on by a thread. He's gonna need surgery eventually.

But even without him their rotation is decent

PhillyPhreak54

Charlie Hayes' kid just signed a $70m deal with PIT and then went out and hurt his wrist in the first inning. Deal is pending a physical he hasn't taken yet.