Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 18, 2009, 04:41:07 PM
shaping up to be one of the all time worst sports weekends ever and thats saying a lot for philly

Drama Queen

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

a last last channel night

the jerus and flyer rangers at 7

fightins at 8

MDS

how big is this weekend of the 76ers? 2 losses and little help and they are in a great spot heading into the final 2 games.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

anytime you think you are suffering, think you have it tough, think about whining like a bunch of faggy boston fans, remember this era

QuoteIt seems every year somebody accuses the Phillies of stealing signs, doesn't it?

"Every year," Shane Victorino said. "Every year we're accused of cheating somehow."

The latest accusation: The Rockies complained to Major League Baseball that Phillies bullpen coach Mick Billmeyer used binoculars from the visitor's bullpen in center field Monday to help relay signs to Phillies hitters.

MLB issued the Phillies a warning.

"Absolutely no," Charlie Manuel said of the accusations. "Absolutely (bleeping) no. Absolutely not."

Rockies manager Jim Tracy strongly disagreed.

"As far as I'm concerned, it's out of line," he said. "It's one thing in my opinion to go out and play a club as tough as you can possibly play it within the framework of the way they've structured things to be done. And cheating, until you get caught, nobody says that you don't explore something like that. But if you're cheating and you get caught, you know what? Then you'd better do something about it. That's my reaction to that."

A FOXSports.com report said the Mets might have complained about the Phillies stealing signs earlier this season, but the Phillies and MLB are unaware of it. But the Mets have suspected the Phillies of stealing signs for some time. They formally complained to MLB in 2007, saying they use a camera in center field to help relay signs to hitters at the plate.

Manuel got fired up when the Mets were mentioned.

"Somebody ought to check on the Mets if they did (complain) because their ... home record is out of this world and they're losing on the road," Manuel said. "That's a good indication sometimes, if you want to know about signs and (stuff). When I see somebody is 17-2 at home and 4-12 on the road I kind of get concerned about that. That kind of crosses my mind."

The Mets are 14-7 at home and 4-8 on the road.

So why do so many teams think the Phillies are stealing signs? Former Phillies manager Larry Bowa, who coaches third base for the Los Angeles Dodgers, said during the 2009 World Series that teams suspect the Phillies of stealing signs at Citizens Bank Park using a center field camera.

"Because we beat them," Manuel said. "That's why. What the hell? Keep crying. I'm sure if they can steal signs they'll steal them. And believe we will, too, if we can get them. Yeah, we will. Legally. If you're dumb enough to let us get them then that's your fault. That's been in the game for a long time."

uncle chuck = gawd
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

with the wizards getting wall i got to thinking has one city ever had three stud #1 overall picks all under the age of 25 at the same time

wall
ovechkin
strasburg

is pretty amazing to have

BigEd76

Not only that, but I can't remember the last time a city had 3 teams with top 5 picks in the same year (Skins #4, Nats #1, Wiz #1)...

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 19, 2010, 11:45:22 AM
with the wizards getting wall i got to thinking has one city ever had three stud #1 overall picks all under the age of 25 at the same time

wall
ovechkin
strasburg

I heard mention of that on ESPN I believe last night.  That is some crazy shtein. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Seabiscuit36

Best Teams EVER.  How amazing is it that when they hit rock bottom they happen to all have amazing talents available to draft.  Same as the pens. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 19, 2010, 12:14:08 PM

wall
ovechkin
strasburg

I heard mention of that on ESPN I believe last night.  That is some crazy shtein. 

did they answer the question

i can come up with a couple...but the ages wont match up

atlanta chose vick and kovalchuck in the same year and also had chipper

ny had potvin strawberry and ewing

BigEd76

Philly almost had it 10 years ago with Iverson, Burrell and McNabb (and they would've had #1 if it wasn't for the return of the Browns)

SunMo

that didn't quite work out like we had hoped it would
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 19, 2010, 12:22:11 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 19, 2010, 12:14:08 PM

wall
ovechkin
strasburg

did they answer the question

i can come up with a couple...but the ages wont match up

atlanta chose vick and kovalchuck in the same year and also had chipper

ny had potvin strawberry and ewing

No it was just a statement really. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

even more ridiculous is that the nats are going to get bryce harper with the number one pick this summer and hes a better offensive prospect than strasberg is a pitching prospect...in fact he might be the number hitting prospect of all time

PhillyPhreak54