Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

i thought they may edit the eye gougung as well like they did with jofferey's death.

btw - sansa is ready to step into the game. i had a feeling they were going to taKe her character in that direction.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

I kept thinking princess bride indigo Montoya especially with his accent. Girl at work who read the books said there's one big surprise still coming but it probably won't happen till the last episode. Next week looks strictly wildings/castle black showdown

smeags

def something huge coming.

Eagles_Legendz

The last two episodes are going to be insane.  I don't think that's a spoiler.

smeags

Munson

With all the talk of more "holy shtein" moments coming, I have to wonder if it's possible that some of them get held off until episode 1 of next season. Next week is going to be all at the wall, so episode 10 would have a lot to cover if there's more non-wall holy shtein moments.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

anyone who knows the books can predict the final scene of this season. next week should tie up the storylines at the wall and the iron born. (for now)

phattymatty

pretty much the only character on the whole show that I liked and he gets his eyes squished out.

phattymatty

also, whats the deeper meaning of the 5 minute diatribe from the midget about his retarded cousin smushing beetles. i was waiting for some kind of punch line but they both just sit there like jackasses.

smeags

i have to re-watch the episode to see that scene again but more than not those types of scenes give you some type of insight that you will remember down the road.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: phattymatty on June 02, 2014, 01:12:44 PM
also, whats the deeper meaning of the 5 minute diatribe from the midget about his retarded cousin smushing beetles. i was waiting for some kind of punch line but they both just sit there like jackasses.

I think you can look at it as a reference to Tyrion being smashed repeatedly in life.  Or you could draw the parallel between it being the showrunners smashing characters over and over again.  I don't know that there's a specific deeper meaning.

I'm not sure we're getting anything more with the Boltons than what we got.  I saw that the dude who spat in Theon's face was originally scheduled to be episode 10, so I think they bumped that whole storyline into this episode as its finale. 

SD

I watched that scene over and have no farging clue

Chameleon

IMO it was further insight into Tyrion. This cynical man is/was always seeking some sort of meaning in a world that may not have one. He wants there to be some "reason" why things are the way they are, why people do the things they do. Sometimes there is no reason. Sometimes you open a door to find the room empty. Tyrion's character isn't a mouth breather, he thinks and therefore wants there to be a reason or purpose for the actions of men. I think that scene was him still searching for that answer all the while realizing that so often there simply isn't one. Many act on impulse without reason, even more have faith in a man behind a door that doesn't exist. 

Eagaholic

I don't know about the symbology part but it also may have been written in to help re-humanize Tyrion after they way he was left in the dark side after last episode.

QB Eagles

The beetle smashing also refers to the way the Mountain treats human beings.