Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Show had a pretty massive viewership jump from 5.5 million last season finale to 6.6 last night.  Last season opened with 4.4.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/07/game-of-thrones-premiere-ratings-4/

smeags

Just got done watching the premier. Excellent set.up for the upcoming season.

Spoiler alert.

People will die
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

these guys are non-book readers and awesome if you have the interest & time to kill.  no spoilers for those of you who haven't read the books other than the fact that they speculate about what is seen in trailers (but I'm pretty sure most everyone watches the trailers and it's only speculation).

the videos are long but good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGENknBibZI

smeags

i read part of the summaries of the 3rd & 4th books so i have an idea of whats coming this season. even with that my reaction will be shock to actually see it on tv.

SunMo

i feel like i read book 4 but i honestly can't remember.  i know i started one and became burned out after reading the first 3 or 4 in blazing fashion.  maybe book 4 is the one i started and never finished.  where did you find the summaries?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

a song of fire and ice wiki.

so its probably all wrong.  :paranoid

TexasEagle

Quote from: SunMo on April 08, 2014, 09:57:40 AM
i feel like i read book 4 but i honestly can't remember.  i know i started one and became burned out after reading the first 3 or 4 in blazing fashion.  maybe book 4 is the one i started and never finished.  where did you find the summaries?

That's what I was saying before. Book 4 (Feast for Crows) is a CHORE to read. So farging boring. I don't know how it'll translate to TV, even as an adaption. (minor spoiler I guess:) [spoiler]shtein, most of the main characters (that haven't been killed yet) are barely in the book.[/spoiler]

smeags

from what i read books 4 & 5 happen simultaneously but at different locations.

TexasEagle

Yeah, they just stuck most of the minor/less popular/less interesting characters in book 4 then book 5 took another 3 years to come out after that. It was the most farging retarded way to do it. They released a filler book that most people didn't like and followed it up with another filler book that was almost as unpopular. Who knows when book 6 will ever be released. He must type a word a day.

Munson

A slight alteration to last page's gif...

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

renewed today for seasons 5 & seasons 6

SunMo

Quote from: smeags on April 08, 2014, 10:25:57 AM

i read the 4th book recap on there.... even the recap was boring.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagles_Legendz

they're obviously going to combine the 4th & 5th book since they run concurrently (that's not a spoiler).  The problem is there's maybe one season worth of material there in 3000 pages.  The biggest problem with them is GRRM got out of control with world building -- too many inconsequential characters with inconsequential chapters. 

Basically, the creators are going to need to take a cleaver to those books and make some creative decisions to spice the material up.  The rest of this season should be awesome, and there a lot of interesting things in play by the end of ADWD, but season 5 of the show is going to be what really tests the talent of Benioff & Weiss because they're going to need to make difficult choices and go off the path a little to keep the quality of the show at the level it's reached (and I think, is likely to exceed this season).  We'll see how they do.

smeags

Quote from: SunMo on April 08, 2014, 03:17:40 PM
Quote from: smeags on April 08, 2014, 10:25:57 AM

i read the 4th book recap on there.... even the recap was boring.

most of the good stuff is in book 3 no doubt.

i havent read a lot of how the series is going to play out. are they putting a five year cap on this thing ?

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 08, 2014, 03:28:14 PM
they're obviously going to combine the 4th & 5th book since they run concurrently (that's not a spoiler).  The problem is there's maybe one season worth of material there in 3000 pages.  The biggest problem with them is GRRM got out of control with world building -- too many inconsequential characters with inconsequential chapters. 

Basically, the creators are going to need to take a cleaver to those books and make some creative decisions to spice the material up.  The rest of this season should be awesome, and there a lot of interesting things in play by the end of ADWD, but season 5 of the show is going to be what really tests the talent of Benioff & Weiss because they're going to need to make difficult choices and go off the path a little to keep the quality of the show at the level it's reached (and I think, is likely to exceed this season).  We'll see how they do.

My thinking is that book 4/5 will bleed into the end of this season, and then next season is going to be the rest of books 4 and 5 combined.

Season 6 will, IMO, be the first half of book 6 if it's out....Season 7 will be the last half of book 6/first half of book 7...and the 8th and final season will finish out book 7.

That's how it should go down, but GRRM isn't going to have the 7th book out by the time we get to season 7.

I'd pay a great deal of my zesty low income to see them do one season on either 1. Robert's Rebellion or 2. 10 episodes based on various histories and lores of Westeros, ie one episode about the Kingswood Brotherhood, one about the circumstances surrounding the Knight of the Laughing Tree, etc.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds