Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Haha maybe though Sansa would definitely want to jump his bones whereas Cersei certainly has experience in a loveless marriage and might actually prefer someone not interested if she had to get married again.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: hbionic on May 06, 2013, 02:34:14 PM
Wasn't he banging Cersi?

Nah that was her cousin Lancel who was wounded @ Blackwater and hasn't shown up this season yet.  Lancel is the dude who was Roberts cup bearer season 1.

hbionic

Wait, didn't Lancel show up through the doors with Tywin Lannister as he rode in showing everyone his forces saved King's Landing?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: hbionic on May 06, 2013, 02:38:38 PM
Wait, didn't Lancel show up through the doors with Tywin Lannister as he rode in showing everyone his forces saved King's Landing?

No that was Loras Tyrell (Knight of Flowers/Margaery's brother/Renly's bf and the guy in that pic).

Loras = Tyrell, gay, badass.
Lancel = Lannister, not badass, banged Cersei

hbionic

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

One funny part about the show to me has been recently how the ice chick loves the fact that snow ate her out...that no one's every done that before.

I keep yelling at the screen, 'That's because you have a dirty, stank Hoyda' you non-showering woman.

*How males and females went down on each other prior to the invention of soap and showers is beyond me.

phattymatty

too many names. i feel like if i made up an entire fantasy world in my head it would be much less confusing. what a loser.

hbionic

phattymatty

i plan to spend an entire sunday in the future watching the complete third season so that is probably worse.

hbionic

That's actually a great idea. I caught up with season 1 after starting on season 2 in one day and it was good.

The best part is, you can't wait until the next episode and the fact you know the next one's coming...it's like popping right after you just popped.

Make sure you wear your comfiest jammies when you do that, sammich, and a bottle of wine.

The way that things are building up this season, it's going to have a great payoff at the end (I hope).

Eagaholic

Quote from: phattymatty on May 06, 2013, 03:19:05 PM
i plan to spend an entire sunday in the future watching the complete third season so that is probably worse.

After the first season I went back and watched it again (in part because I didn't see all the episodes in order) and it all made a lot more sense to me then, plus I got all the characters straight which had been confusing before. Don't know if you have the time or interest to re-watch some earlier episodes, but it does help make more sense out of everything.

I also agree with E_L and others about the ongoing Theon torture. It is getting to be a turn off with the show. I heard some promo stuff last off season in which they were talking about how there would be plenty more blood lust and screaming, as if that were some kind of titillating tease for the viewers. And maybe it is, I don't know. Even if his situation is ongoing and an integral arc, I still don't need extended graphic depictions.

Eagles_Legendz

The Theon stuff occurs offstage in the 3rd book.  You aren't there for it while it's happening.  I think the creators believe they need to show it, primarily to be fully introduced to what a psychopath the guy who has him is, but I think it was a miscalculation - I think they could have gotten the point across in less than half the time, especially when, to me, a lot of characters are in interesting places this season.  I'd much rather spend an extra five minutes with Margaery or Olenna, or Jaime/Brienne, or Tyrion & Varys etc than seeing various scenes of torture.  I think they could've done something like shown him the first or second episode, shown him midway through the season in one scene to show how bad it's going, and then once more later in the season towards the end to show what bad shape he's in (Theon) and how messed up the guy who has him is.  I don't think you need this every episode thing, which is a shame because I like so many of the storylines right now.

Eagaholic

Yes, agree. It has gotten me curious if it is a miscalculation, or if much of the general viewing public would rather see the torture scenes than any of the other possibilities and the producers are pandering to that. It would be a shame if they were compromising the show in that way.

hbionic

Nerds. The lot of us!

Munson

To be fair, they have left that story line out of 2 episodes so far. I get the feeling they'll be left out of at least one, if not 2 of the remaining episodes of this season.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

In case anyone gets bored and wants to be ubernerdy before next week, possible topics for conversation:

1) People think there's a falling out in store for Shae/Tyrion, or will they find a way to deal with it?
2) What does Mel have planned for Gendry?
3) Where does Jon's allegiance actually lie at this point?  Still to the Night's Watch, or has it fractured now (even setting aside the "Night's Watch" as he knew might be gone after what went down at Craster's Keep)?
4) What does Bolton have in store for Brienne/is Jaime actually going to be freed/go without her?