boxing is 60 minutes
ufc is sean hannity

boxing is freddie hubbard
ufc is ted nugent
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: SunMo on December 11, 2012, 08:23:12 AMthere are more skills and techniques required to be an effective mma fighter than there ever will be in boxing.

If that were true, ufc guys and their superior skills would be ruling the boxing world, but they're not.  That's because a ufc fighter isn't a good enough boxer, or wrestler, or jujistu artist, to get it done against the best in that particlar sport, so he becomes a jack-of-all-trades and satisfies himself with extreme fighting against other coulda-beens.  I could care less about the intricacies of the brazilian grappling technique specialized by some roided out kickboxing reject.  MMA is a mongrel spectacle for the masses of bloodthirsty idiots who can't get enough unmitigated violence from more mainstream sports and media.  The only thing that could make the fans happier would be actual fights to the death. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Quote from: Diomedes on December 11, 2012, 09:44:50 AM
  The only thing that could make the fans happier would be actual fights to the death.

Guaranteed that's on one of the major networks big board.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed on the non-UFC deal...I don't like it at all. I tried to watch it awhile back and it was not appealing.

And yeah, boxing is dead. And its sad to see it killed off by greedy/shady promoters and other ill willed folks.

MDS

and megalomaniac fighters like money who only care about cash not about being the greatest
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Why does it seem all UFC fans wear the hell outta Ed HArdy and Affliction shtein?

phattymatty

bunch of people who have never watched ufc talking shtein, as usual.

i'm as big of a boxing fan as anyone on here, if not more, but ufc is way more than ground and pound. in fact there are more straight knock out punches than there are submissions. they just have to be more rounded.

i was stuck in my old ways for years too and said the same things as the haters are saying, but once you get into it, it's clear as day. the world is changing old heads, get with it.

ice grillin you

ive watched ufc many times....its a disgrace...has nothing to do with old ways and everything to do with MA meth labs and reality tv

its not sport......its snake plissken

phattymatty

the manny marquez fight was fantastic. but they are few and far between...which is why that was pacquio-marquez 4.

boxing is dead. although there are a bunch of youngins who give me hope for the future. especially gamboa...dude is awesome.

my point is if you like boxing, there is not possible reason to hate ufc except to be stubborn. that sweet science shtein is bullshtein, the technical aspect of ufc can be just as good. but yes it's more barbaric. and more exciting at the moment.

ice grillin you

boxing can be dead (i agree) and ufc still be horrible....its not one or the other

phattymatty

gotta watch people get knocked out somehow.

phattymatty

i'm done talking this up but if anyone wants to see a really great spectrum of ufc, watch tonights fights. 5 bouts, 4 KOs...i'll admit it two of the three were streetbrawl haymakers but god damn is it fun to watch. maybe bad defense or maybe pure power who cares. the one 3 round wrestling match is what turns people off. i don't like it either. but take it for what it is.

hbionic

I used to be a UFC hater. But the matches, at least the main matches tend to be exciting and disappoint less often than not.

Boxing, you're right, pacquiao v marquez is few and faaaaaaaaaaaar between. It's why boxing has lost its fans.

Boxing is like the GOP. It's stuck in the past holding on.

UFC is the new demographic. It's fast, its, furious, and championship fights happen very often and guys you can at least follow for a year. It keeps it fresh.

Boxing, well, you have to hope that the framers of what boxing is today see the writing on the wall and adapt. Otherwise, its dead.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

theres just as many great fights in boxing today as always....maybe more....the problem is there isnt any BIG fights anymore

berto guerrero from a couple weeks ago was an insane fight....but no one knew about it....then again theres never any big fights in ufc

i understand why people like ufc....its the reality tv honey boo boo youtube culture we live in....kids just wanna see dumb down nonsense these days....they dont have the patience or desire to sit down and watch a 45 minute boxing match where no one gets knocked out or bloodied....they need instant gratification brutality

PhillyPhreak54