No Hippos Jai Alai Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 28, 2009, 10:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

hopefully hes holding hands with eddie jordan as they exit the building.

DH

and eddies holding brands hand whos holding iggys hand

Sgt PSN

i'm getting turned on by all of this. 

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2010, 07:19:39 AM
its amazing to me that you can completely validate to yourself the phillies letting cliff lee go...but cant recognize the fact that the sixers never had a chance at wall

ha

how did they not have a chance at him? all stefanski had to do was trade iggy and sammy d. thats it. theyd have 2-3 less wins. then, for good measure, before that, randomly sit your best players with made up injuries. just flat out tank. that gives them the 3, maybe the 2 if they tried real hard. thats a great shot at wall.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

Really dude? You don't think they were trying to trade them both all season long? Find me one team who would take those contracts and I'll find you a GM who will lose his job for it. Iggy has 60MM+ remaining and calling Sammy dead weight is being nice. Neither guy is a put you over the top to win a championship guy.

phattymatty

anything after 1 is not a great shot at wall anyway. 

ice grillin you

really they dont even need wall if you believe in jeru

and when did wall become the next jordan?...dont get me wrong i think hes going to be really good to great...but hes not like allen iverson coming out...hes somewhere btwn derrick rose and stephon marbury
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

just please get rid of the wonder twins ed & eddie first.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Quote from: Die-Hard on April 13, 2010, 12:02:57 PM
Really dude? You don't think they were trying to trade them both all season long? Find me one team who would take those contracts and I'll find you a GM who will lose his job for it. Iggy has 60MM+ remaining and calling Sammy dead weight is being nice. Neither guy is a put you over the top to win a championship guy.

im pretty sure iggy and sammy d for mcgrady's expiring contract was on the table and stefanski rejected it. thats whats been reported. thats a beyond fireable offense.

Quote from: phattymatty on April 13, 2010, 12:08:47 PM
anything after 1 is not a great shot at wall anyway. 

kind of. but really tell me what the difference would be between what they did this year and making a few trades/tanking a bit to get the 3 spot? did they really need to win those extra 5 games? it served no purpose. either youre a good team thats in the playoffs and has a chance to win a few rounds or youre gunning for the top 5 of the lotto. anything in between in pointless. and this mess of a franchise has been in between since 2001.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2010, 12:20:11 PM
really they dont even need wall if you believe in jeru

and when did wall become the next jordan?...dont get me wrong i think hes going to be really good to great...but hes not like allen iverson coming out...hes somewhere btwn derrick rose and stephon marbury

the crippling contracts to old man elton and glasses mcgee prevent them from signing anybody. they arent bad enough to get into the top of the lotto. so what? what can they do? heres a thought: theres a really good player sitting there at 1. you have a 0% shot of signing an elite free agent. but you can at least try and get this guy. lose games. tank. maybe you win the lotto, maybe you dont. but its worth a shot. its the only way they could win down the road. how are you not seeing this? wtf is jeru and a bunch of trash gonna do? the 7 seed? you want that?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

again it was never going to happen youre just throwing random hypothetical shtein out there that none of us even know was true or possible and even if it all was it still didnt guarantee getting the number one pick...furthermore youre making the number one pick a franchise saving player which is a long shot at best

again i just dont understand clinging to all that while reasoning/defending/promoting the philies having a dominant guy actually signed up on the cheap and letting him go

MDS

im not defending the phillies. it was a terrible move. but amaros reasoning wasnt 100% $ related. there was a lot more to it. how did i not make that clear?

and saying they were never gonna get wall is insane. we dont know what the lotto balls hold, all we can do is get as many as we can and hope for the best. whats wrong with that plan? what other choice is there in hoops? try real hard and win 27 games and get the 7 spot, or take a little off and get the 2 or the 3? which one would you rather have?

ice grillin you

if they made a hypothetical trade that no one really believes was realistic and lost a hypothetical number of games after that trade and won the lottery

all for a player who isnt a franchise saver

be mad

MDS

will do

because the end result this year, and every year since 2001, has been well worth it.

SD

Quote from: KDS on April 13, 2010, 01:40:46 PM
Quote from: Die-Hard on April 13, 2010, 12:02:57 PM

im pretty sure iggy and sammy d for mcgrady's expiring contract was on the table and stefanski rejected it. thats whats been reported. thats a beyond fireable offense.

I was for that deal, because as we all know I can't stand either player. Ed turned it down because it only would have cleared $7 million in cap space when all was said and done. That's not much more than the MLE. They wanted a young player in return which was the sticking point.

MDS

1. clears cap space, even the 7 mil
2. takes away 2 good players so now you lose more
3. iguodala is a terrible human being and should burn in hell with phreak in houston

FIRE STEFANSKI