The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

watched sixers lakers 2001 game 1 last night on zoom with some buddies.  was actually really fun.  my god AI carried bunch of scrubs (and dikembe). probably had not seen it in ten years. 

ty lue really clamped AI down for about 10-15 min. prior to the stepover shot. 

shaq made dikembe, the DPOY, look helpless.

matt geiger was their second best offensive player of the game.

Geowhizzer

Was that really 19 years ago?

Tempus fugit.

QB Eagles

Quote from: phattymatty on April 02, 2020, 12:44:59 PM

That fits with what I remember. A little depressed that my mind decided that information was worth saving for 19 years.

phattymatty

10 points and 6 fouls in 13 minutes.

hunt

Quote from: phattymatty on April 02, 2020, 12:44:59 PM
watched sixers lakers 2001 game 1 last night on zoom with some buddies.  was actually really fun.  my god AI carried bunch of scrubs (and dikembe). probably had not seen it in ten years. 

ty lue really clamped AI down for about 10-15 min. prior to the stepover shot. 

shaq made dikembe, the DPOY, look helpless.

just watched it last night...made me love that team all over again.  peak ai...eric snow hitting clutch shots, raja bell chipping in...lots of heart on that team.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

whats crazy is jumaine jones started that game not snow
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

yeah.  also something i did not remember is that even though raja bell was really important during those playoffs, he wasn't signed until the last few games of the season and only played 6 regular season minutes.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 14, 2020, 03:33:36 PM

i didnt even believe this until i looked it up

matt geiger had 6 fouls in 13 minutes and as still a +4
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 14, 2020, 03:33:36 PM

i think snow was playing with a fractured ankle...maybe that was why  ???
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

phattymatty

yeah pretty sure he was just coming back from injury, as you could tell by his multiple off balance one foot shots. although one of those was clutch near the end.

ice grillin you

he played over 35 minutes and wasnt starting games before he got hurt...i only remember it in the finals but i guess it was larry brown just wanting him in with the second unit since their depth was non existent
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

I had a thought this morning that should the NBA somehow finish this season, it will definitely be the biggest asterisk in history next to the champ, therefore I think the sixers will take it this year, then continue to disappoint when things get back to normal.

Don Ho

Back to 2001 Finals, I was in LA for games 1 & 2, almost went to game 2.  Had a chance for 3 tickets behind the basket @ $2500 each.  wife basically said "dream on" plus we had our 5 year old son at the time.  Wasn't worth a $2,500 ticket to go to a game he'd barely remember and he'd be more into walking around The Staples Center and checking out all the sights and sounds over sitting in a seat for 3 hours.  Disneyland wins again.

If I recall the Sixers were in game 2.  Down by a point or two at half?  Lakers pulled away in the third and Sixers couldn't get closer in the 4th.  Best part was as the game was winding down AI and Kobe started talking shtein to each other. 

Game 3, farg!  Shaq fouled out late in the game with Sixers down by 2, you could just feel the momentum swing Sixers way but they couldn't shtein.  That was the nail.

So true Matty, that team was a bunch of scrubs.  AI was just, he was just GOD.  To do what he did in the Bucks series and Finals is nothing short of remarkable.  The guy was broken down and playing injured yet he still carried the team on his shoulders.  So glad I was able to witness that.  That whole playoff run was magical.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

kawhi shot was one year ago today. still gives me nightmares.

SD

Sixers/Lakers game 1 is on nba tv right now