2017 Flyers Thread: The Youngins Be Comin

Started by ice grillin you, September 15, 2017, 04:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

May as well put a trash can in front of the goal.

SD

The Pens purposely tanked from 2002-2006 to get where they are today. The process works

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 11, 2018, 08:26:29 PM
May as well put a trash can in front of the goal.

The trash can was unavailable tonight. Too busy closing for the Phils.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Helluva game from Elliott. Didn't think he had it in him. Be nice to see Giroux and Voracek show up at some point. Youngins be here.

Rome

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I honestly can't think of another player that I'd rather have less on a Philly team than Crosby.  He is such a gaping bleeding vagina, I can't see how anyone could cheer for him.  He's immensely talented, obviously, and he's a winner but he's also a disgustingly whiny human piece of Nova Scotian trash.  Him smashing his stick after missing a wide open net was beeee-you-tee-ful.

QB Eagles

When I lived in Pittsburgh, the way those fans talked about Crosby was the most difficult sports thing in the town to tolerate. They are highly protective of him and almost infantilize him, they were still calling him "Sid the Kid" when he was like 28. I found the relationship between the city and the player to be highly weird, like some podunk Texas town circling their wagons around the star HS quarterback, and it wasn't something that existed with Big Ben or Cutch or any of the other stars that passed through town. They also love him a million times more than Malkin, who is nearly his equal as a player, and who plays a style that is more fun to watch.

For what it's worth, he's a lot less of a whining, diving, starting-shtein-and-running-away bitch than he used to be. That and the NHL's unique focus on promoting him was a brutal combination.

If he had ended up in Philly, it would have been a somewhat strained situation with the fanbase, a la Lindros.

SD

I watched a bit of the replay again this morning, Provorov was the best player in the ice. Most valuable Flyer by a long shot.

Geowhizzer

This one seems like a repeat of Game 1.

SD