2017 Flyers Thread: The Youngins Be Comin

Started by ice grillin you, September 15, 2017, 04:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 10, 2018, 04:20:36 PM
man did they need that

feel like this will be the start of another push

Maybe now

Simmonds was money today. Mrazek finally played a decent game.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Mzarek has horrible positioning.  Takes himself out of the play way too often.

Rome

This just in.  They suck at shootouts.

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 20, 2018, 09:10:30 PM
Mzarek has horrible positioning.  Takes himself out of the play way too often.

Lyons isn't anything special but he's better than Mrazek Not sure why they keep trotting him out there, he blows.

Detroit was given the moniker of "Hockey Town USA" meanwhile their stands are 1/3 full. I know the Red Wings blow but even when the Flyers blow their attendance is still outstanding.

ice grillin you

i agree the hockeytown moniker is dumb but detroit has actually sold more tickets than the flyers this season....but worst team in the league coming off ten straight losses gonna have a lot of no shows

not saying they would make a run to the cup or anything mostly because they are playing so many kids but in a 7 game series the flyers can beat anyone except as has been the case for the last 30 years they have worse goal tending than pretty much everyone
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2018, 08:52:21 AM
i agree the hockeytown moniker is dumb but detroit has actually sold more tickets than the flyers this season....but worst team in the league coming off ten straight losses gonna have a lot of no shows

not saying they would make a run to the cup or anything mostly because they are playing so many kids but in a 7 game series the flyers can beat anyone except as has been the case for the last 30 years they have worse goal tending than pretty much everyone

I had to look it up for myself but you're correct, their attendance is 3rd in the league and slightly higher than the Flyers. Both times the Flyers played them their arena was dead. I have to wonder does the league/teams count tickets sold as attendance or actual people in the stadium as attendance.

The only silver lining I'll throw out there is Neuvirth should be back come playoff time. He's average but a few years ago he was lights out against he Caps. Some players just know how to take it up a notch come playoff time. Ultimately they're still too young especially on D to make a run who knows...this team is really streaky.

MDS

its always been tickets sold

and bragging about the stepford flyers fans isnt exactly something i would do
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Nothing generates no-shows like a team that's been good for centuries suddenly sucking.

If actual attendance or % attendance was recorded, no way would the Wings be in the top 3.

A ton of no-shows at Pistons games too, but I think the reason is different. Moving downtown was moving away from the people who can afford to regularly attend.

ice grillin you

detroit is the second best sports town in the country next to philly...they just arent hockey town on a tuesday nite when the team has lost ten in a row and is out of the playoffs

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 21, 2018, 01:09:44 PM
Moving downtown was moving away from the people who can afford to regularly attend.

this might be a valid point for the pistons but the joe and the new arena arent far apart. think south philly to center city. the palace was way out in like bucksco.

though really both teams are garbage and again who is schlepping out to a game on a tuesday night in march?

ice grillin you

that sanheim snipe was sick

one of the weakest things in sports fandom history is the penguin fans copying that stupid air horn thing from cap fans

ice grillin you

absolutely dominate the first ten minutes and nothing to show for it

horrid turnover by simmonds

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 25, 2018, 12:56:26 PM
what a terrible goal by murray

Doesn't look comfortable in the net... much like every Flyers goalie.