2005 Point & Laugh At The taterskins Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 20, 2005, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwert246

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 04, 2006, 07:35:15 AM

Greg Williams as DC = good wine

Greg Williams as HC = not so good wine
Keep telling yourself that.  It dulls the pain.

MURP

Greg Williams head coaching record:  17-31.

Feva

Quote from: qwert246 on January 04, 2006, 08:48:44 AM

Keep telling yourself that.  It dulls the pain.

Actually, his past HC experience dulls the pain quite nicely.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

I find it funny how every defensive coach who had an unsuccessful first stint as an HC but takes a new HC job is now considered the next Belicheck.  :-D
People tend to forget that he was a big part of winning some SBs prior to getting that job and not some random-decent DC.

Feva

Bill Belichick <================================Greg Williams===> Dave Wanstedt, Dick Jauron, Ray Rhodes, etc.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phattymatty

how bout that, i never knew what word meatcicle replaced.

Bigskinbauer

I actually agree.  I think once gibbs retires in 3 years Williams will be ready to coach.  He always talks about how he is learning things from gibbs.  Right now i would be pretty scared with Williams as coach. The thing is i do think he is gonna take over after Joe and he will be ready. 
GO TERPS

MURP

per PFT

QuoteWILLIAMS FREE TO LEAVE THIS YEAR, IF HE WANTS

Despite initial reports that the new contract signed by taterskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams prevents him from interviewing for a head coaching job in 2006, other reports suggest that Williams' $8 million, three-year deal does not preclude him from leaving this year, if he so chooses.

Who's right?  Per NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, a provision preventing an assistant coach from interviewing for or accepting a head coaching position is prohibited by league rules.

It's possible that Williams and taterskins owner Daniel Snyder has agreed verbally that Williams won't leave, but how enforceable is that?  Put simply, it isn't.

So if someone wants to, say, double the $2.67 million annual salary that Williams will earn the next three years, Williams is free to accept.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I am laughing in advance at any team that would sign Gregg Williams to be their HC for $5m+/year.

MDS

I'm still pointing and laughing at the fact that they gave Williams $8 mil after one semi-successful season.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

twatson

You can say whatever you want about Williams not being HC material.  The fact is, your opinions are total crap! 

This thread proves it!  Isn't the whole thing just "You 'Skins fans are so delusional you think you'll make the playoffs", "Gibbs is past it", "The 'Skins are going 5-11 if they're lucky", ...

Well, now what?  This just shows that you guys may have opinions but you actually HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Quite clearly, none of you know anything about football and this thread is an 87 page testament to that!  So, to all the 'Skins fans out there don't take any of what these guys say seriously because they have been proven to be totally ignorant of anything football related. 

Your opinions on how good Gregg Williams is a coach don't mean jack shtein, because all of you don't know jack shtein!  You think you do but you have proved otherwise over and over again.  Have a good offseason, losers (you got swept in your division!)! :'( :-D

Geowhizzer

Can you show us how?  You've got a lot of experience at it.

rjs246

One mediocre year that allows them to eke into the playoffs and you'd think its 1988 all over again. Your franchise is a joke. Laughable. But hey, enjoy your one playoff game.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

twatson

Hey, just face it, you, the members of concreteforum who posted in this thread don't know shtein.  EVERYTHING you have said in this thread has been proven to be wrong.  Good work geniuses.

Why should I assume that this stupid statement is any more valid than any of the other crap you guys have spewed around here:

QuoteYour franchise is a joke. Laughable. But hey, enjoy your one playoff game.

rjs, YOU of all people can't talk because 90% of the stuff you've said in this thread couldn't be more wrong.  How do you expect me to take your statement seriously?  If anything is a joke it is your so-called football "knowledge."

qwert246

Quote from: rjs246 on January 06, 2006, 10:10:37 AM
One mediocre year that allows them to eke into the playoffs and you'd think its 1988 all over again. Your franchise is a joke. Laughable. But hey, enjoy your one playoff game.
You don't eke into the playoffs on a five game winning streak.