The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 05, 2011, 01:33:34 PM
Ha, my buddy skipped a party last night to go to the Sabres-Pens game. I told him "farg you and I hope Malkin breaks a leg." :yay

Fortunately you were wrong as a broken leg would have healed by the time the playoffs start

PhillyGirl

Forsberg signs with the Avs for the remainder of the season.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD

BigEd76

Munson

Love the old school hockey going on lately.

Of course the old talking heads on Around The Horn were crying about all the fighting in the MTL-BOS game saying "get it out of the game waaaaah"

Bob Ryan was the only voice of reason on teh panel.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phillymic2000

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 11, 2011, 10:36:48 PM
Quote from: Munson on February 03, 2011, 05:44:27 AM
Pittsburgh's back up goalie gave DiPietro a knuckle sammich

and the Islanders got revenge tonight for this and the Talbot hit.  9-3 and a ton of fighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BQtfJisxoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S9mCL5JiDc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4FrNDkAYVY

LOL at Talbot, Got rocked twice. Then after the 2nd ass whooping tries to help Johnson. wht a bitch!

ice grillin you

heres a single take on all the festivities last night...its worth the watch just to hear stagerwold and errey whine like some bitches thruout the whole thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMana_bq1o
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Ha

Pittsburgh Penguins get in bus accident
NEW YORK -- The Pittsburgh Penguins' rough weekend in New York got a little bumpier when the team bus hit a car while heading to an outdoor practice.

In the morning hours Saturday following a fight-filled, 9-3 loss to the New York Islanders on Friday night, the Penguins dressed in their full gear -- minus skates -- at Madison Square Garden, where they will play the Rangers on Sunday.

They hopped a bus for the short trip to Central Park, but were derailed by the minor accident. The players left the bus and hailed cabs to take them to the makeshift practice.

"It was quite a sight," Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. "I think the gentleman involved with the accident backed off a little bit when he saw a whole hockey team get out with sticks and gloves in their hands. If he had known anything about last night, maybe that's why he backed off."

The NHL suspended Islanders forwards Trevor Gillies for nine games and Matt Martin for four and handed the club a $100,000 fine late Saturday night for their actions. Only enforcer Eric Godard was punished on the Penguins side by the league as he received an automatic 10-game suspension for leaving the bench Friday night to join the third-period brawl.

The game produced 346 penalty minutes, 10 ejections, 15 fighting majors and 20 misconducts.

The Islanders came into the game angry because of the previous meeting between the teams nine days earlier that featured a fight between New York goalie Rick DiPietro and Pittsburgh counterpart Brent Johnson. DiPietro broke bones in his face when Johnson hit him with one punch.

Also, a questionable but unpenalized hit by Pittsburgh's Max Talbot against Blake Comeau, that has left the Islanders forward out of action since, made Talbot a target in the rematch. He was jumped and punched by Martin in the second period, sparking the first of two major brawls in Saturday's game.

"Obviously, you never expect to get grabbed by the guy and get punched like that," Talbot said. "I don't think I'm a guy that would stand down if someone comes to my face and asks me."

Talbot also took on Micheal Haley in the third period in the second part of fight night.

The teams will conclude the six-game season series on Long Island on April 8. The Penguins could be the angry bunch then.

"We don't like them and they don't like us," Pittsburgh forward Pascal Dupuis said. "It shows on the ice. But we have plenty of hockey between here and that game. We'll see what's going to happen."

Johnson was rushed by Haley, who skated down the ice to challenge the goalie to a fight. Godard joined the fray and is now facing the consequences.

Bylsma said he told players not to hop onto the ice. Rule 70.10 stipulates that the first player to leave the bench during a fight or to start one shall be suspended automatically for 10 games.

"I am aware of the rule, but at that moment you're not thinking about what the things are," Godard said before the suspension was announced. "I just saw him skating toward Johnny and I just kind of went.

"Ten games is pretty long, especially when we're in a tough spot right now with a lot of guys out of the lineup. Yes, I regret it, but no, I am going to try to defend my teammates. I am kind of torn with that."

Gillies was given an elbowing major and was ejected in the third period after he charged Eric Tangradi, leaving the Penguins forward with concussion-like symptoms that will keep him out of Sunday's game, at least.

New York's Zenon Konopka also had a hearing Saturday because of his involvement after he came onto the ice during a legal line change and joined an ongoing altercation. He received a roughing penalty and a misconduct during the third period but avoided any further discipline.

Haley, who was not scheduled for a hearing Saturday, was called up from Bridgeport of the AHL earlier Friday to make his NHL season debut in a game the Islanders expected to be physical. He had 144 penalty minutes in 50 games at Bridgeport this season.

"It was a pretty entertaining, emotional game. I was glad to be a part of it," Haley said. "My job is to be ready when I get the call, come up and contribute any way I can."

The Penguins knew what to expect from him.

"We knew what kind of player he was. He did basically what they brought him to do," Dupuis said.

QB Eagles

Now Super Mario is bitching about the Isles.

farging Pens. They dish it out but cant take the retribution without whining.

By the way, Crosby's been making some noise lately about possibly being done for the season. Epic if both him and Malkin are done. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and NHL.com both took the same story... the P-G titled it "Penguins' Crosby says he could miss rest of season" and the NHL called it "Crosby confident he'll play again this season". lol at the NHL $pin.

Seabiscuit36

Forsberg is retiring again today.  He's the Favre of hockey
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Not enough bad things can happen to the Pens, but they got their Cup and Crosby got his gold medal, so they kind of win anyway.

Rome

Bah.  farg the Penguins and their faggy fans.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

outdoor game in Calgary coming up on VERSUS

DH

calgarys jerseys are so butter im getting hungry