Cooper DeJean, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2024, 07:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

So is it that you don't like the player...or that you don't like the people who might like the selection of player? And is that fair to the player?

MDS

im confused, are we defending the opinions of white supremacists or criticizing havas for hating dejean because yt
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

White supremacists are idiots. Full stop. I'm debating whether the hate is fair to the pick at this spot.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Zanshin on April 26, 2024, 09:10:34 PMIGY clearly means that taking a guy who provides value at multiple places in the secondary, punt return ability, along with proven measurables, and a consensus top-ranked defensive player is a tragedy because the color of his skin isn't right...which is totally cool and not weird at all.
That is a bit of concern. What if he turns out to be really good? I mean, how do you explain that? By Science? Statistics? Anthropology? It would be really weird. I'd rather see DeJean just crash and burn and than have to worry about all those puzzling questions. 

MDS

Quote from: Zanshin on April 26, 2024, 10:24:34 PMWhite supremacists are idiots. Full stop. I'm debating whether the hate is fair to the pick at this spot.

i think most people like the pick?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

Do you? Unclear. IGY hates it, clear. Just seems hypocritical. And I have no idea how it will turn out-- that said, it was the right spot for the guy, which is pretty obvious. He's at the very least a great safety prospect, and has a lot of value in the nickle and as a returner...regardless of color.

MDS

i have no idea. in a vacuum a white dood from iowa doesnt flash as a great athlete but the tape watchers and draft wonkers black and white are stroking their bird to him.

the position makes sense and he can help as a KR with the new rules. whether or not he can play at this level who the farg knows, nobody ever knows

Zanshin

Exactly...so, we completely agree. I just think hating it solely because he's white is stupid and ignorant (and if people love it because he's white, also stupid and ignorant. Let the guy fly or fail on his own merits).

SD

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i think that was mclane? like you an ask a question about him being a white cb and how much teasing he gets because of it. its probably best for a more intimate setting and when you have a relationship so hes comfortable.

this was worded terribly and at a terrible time. yikes.

PhillyPhreak54

Where's Les Bowen when ya need him

McLane needs a slap

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds