Cooper DeJean, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2024, 07:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 26, 2024, 08:52:23 PMLast time the Eagles took to DBs with their first two picks it worked out pretty well...

even the white one did?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I mean Lito and Sheldon were both pretty black.  Still are, I think.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

IGY clearly means that taking a guy who provides value at multiple places in the secondary, punt return ability, along with proven measurables, and a consensus top-ranked defensive player is a tragedy because the color of his skin isn't right...which is totally cool and not weird at all.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on April 26, 2024, 09:10:34 PMIGY clearly means that taking a guy who provides value at multiple places in the secondary, punt return ability, along with proven measurables, and a consensus top-ranked defensive player is a tragedy because the color of his skin isn't right...which is totally cool and not weird at all.

i mean would you trade up for a black in the pole vault draft?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2024, 09:31:13 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on April 26, 2024, 09:10:34 PMIGY clearly means that taking a guy who provides value at multiple places in the secondary, punt return ability, along with proven measurables, and a consensus top-ranked defensive player is a tragedy because the color of his skin isn't right...which is totally cool and not weird at all.

i mean would you trade up for a black in the pole vault draft?

It's a second round pick in a proven crapshoot. Who should give a shtein, really? Besides, there's nothing about this guy-- other than the color of his skin (which would be the height of hypocriticism)-- that says he shouldn't have been taken there. Nobody would have blinked if any other team had taken him earlier.

MDS

the other cf weighs in

QuoteDamn. Hate this pick. Where will he play? Blankenship and him will probably rotate. Philly DWFs are among the worst, their coach is a douchebag.

DeJean to the Eagles BTW.

QuoteSeems like he's going to end up buried in the depth chart. This reminds me of when Toby Gerhart was drafted by the Vikings.

The Eagles traded up to get him. Seeing both DeJean and Blankenship starting in the backfield would be cool.

QuoteOne thing about the Eagles, they're not a relatively White friendly team but the Whites they do play are among the best at their position so I'm gonna be optimistic about this landing spot for Cooper.

QuoteI'll reserve judgment on the DeJean pick. The Eagles are a smart organization, along with the Chiefs and Niners; and now maybe the Chargers. You need a significant number of White players to succeed. I think he'll get a fair opportunity. I'm done with the draft tonight. Gonna watch the Mavericks.

off topic but man the nazis hate jingoism
QuoteThis hollow military worship is nauseating. The boomer-con cheesy "parotitic music" is just too much for me. Changing the channel for a few minutes to watch some hockey.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

It's almost as if people have hot takes that mean absolutely nothing. Weird.

ice grillin you

"I'm done with the draft tonight. Gonna watch the Mavericks."

Hahaha

Zanshin

Honestly-- I used to watch the draft because I thought I could have opinions that mattered about it. The reality is nobody knows anything. People make the best guesses they can, and, hopefully, the environment and opportunity is right for the guys selected. In this case, it was the right spot for him to go. Will he be a great pick...we'll see. But there's nothing anyone says tonight that will impact that in any meaningful way. Literally nobody knows.

MDS

Quote from: Zanshin on April 26, 2024, 10:01:43 PMIt's almost as if people have hot takes that mean absolutely nothing. Weird.

these arent hot takes, theyre nazi takes
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

Quote from: MDS on April 26, 2024, 10:09:55 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on April 26, 2024, 10:01:43 PMIt's almost as if people have hot takes that mean absolutely nothing. Weird.

But most of them listed don't like the pick. How does that track?

Zanshin

The reality is this guy drafted has nothing to do with any of that, either way. Kind of a shame for the guy.

PhillyPhreak54

I remember the days of making binders for each round and tracking picks that way.

It's been appointment TV for me since 93.

Jon Harris in 97 caused a meltdown

Bobby T in 95 had me hype as hell

mds asked me to go to radio city in 99 with the dirty thirty but I had to work

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on April 26, 2024, 10:11:38 PM

But most of them listed don't like the pick. How does that track?

takes hotter than an oven