Random Philadelphia Sports Musings Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 10, 2012, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: MDS on June 04, 2015, 11:58:00 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/06/04/upshot/The-Most-Cursed-Sports-Cities-in-America.html?_r=1&abt=0002&abg=1&smid=tw-upshotnyt

Did not know this but this is a remarkable stat
QuoteIf making a sport's final four were all that mattered, Philadelphia would be a beacon of success. Its teams have reached that stage in an impressive 22 percent of their seasons over the last half-century, a better rate than Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and every other city with at least two teams other than Boston.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 03, 2015, 09:33:07 AM
key summer dates

sixers summer camp - july 6-9, utah (july 6 - 5pm - spurs, july 7 - 5pm - celtics, july 9, 7pm - jazz); unless he has a foot setback JO JO in vegas!!, july 10-20
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

flyers sked out tomorrow
sixers 3rd overall pick plus five 2nds tomorrow
flyers have seven picks in the top 100 of the deepest nhl draft in at lest ten years Friday and Saturday

should be an awesome next 72 hrs

ice grillin you

Raheem Brock on sports nation rockin a fightins hat

ice grillin you

joe frazier stat finally going up in south phil next month

SD

Seth Joyner is going to be a contributing analyst on Breakfast on Broad this season. Reuben Frank called him the most underrated Philly athlete of all time. I happen to agree. I always thought he was a borderline hall of famer but because he played with so many great players he was overshadowed.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few players but of the 4 major sports who do you think is the most underrated athlete to play in Philly.

smeags

joyner & Cunningham were my fav two players from that era. still have his jersey. OG iron on.

house of pain !
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i watched him on there this morning...he must need the money because he looked so disinterested and wanted to be back in arizona bad

when all is said and done i think it will be choke...he is going to be remembered for strikeouts obesity achillies and contracts and its going to be a friggin shame because the numbers he put up for that 5-6 year stretch were unreal...hes also will always be in that no mans land between jimmy personality and the love for GRIT

right now id say its eric allen....hes a bonified hall of famer who is right there either on or just about at a level with deion and darrell green yet sometimes hes not even put on a level with aneas williams

hal greer is right up there as well....career leader in pts for a franchise filled with epic players...yet a lot of people think he was a sixth man or some shtein

mark howe...ridiculous above norris trophy caliber defenseman who never won one because he played during the greatest era of hockey ever...bourque langway chelios coffey all won during his time

andrew toney.....overrated in philly....criminally underrated outside of it...maybe shouldnt be here cause his window was so small but good lord was he good at his peak

MDS

roob would blow the buddy ryan eagles if they asked

the dude was humping gj kinne this camp

hes a hack fraud homer
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Great list igy, Howe would be my second after Joyner.

PhillyPhreak54

I didn't see Seth on the show but he always speaks like he's disinterested IMO unless he's yelling at some weak high school team (still a great clip and funny the Hoyda parents got offended).

Eric Allen is supremely underrated and should be in the HOF

smeags

I would say allen hands down. then howe. then greer. then joyner.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hunt

Quote from: smeags on September 03, 2015, 04:04:53 PM
I would allen hands down. then howe. then greer. then joyner.

oh, i bet you would.

:-D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Don Ho

IGY throwin' out Hal Greer!  Love it.

Agree on Joyner.  He was amazing and the House of Pain game at the Astrodome he played was one for the ages.  I was fortunate to play a round of golf with him in 1993 during the Pro Bowl.  Last season as an Eagle.  Just myself, Seth Joyner and my father on a chill Friday afternoon.  Rich Miano set it up.  He was so cool and it was nice getting an athlete away from the sport environment.  They're naturally relaxed being here for the Pro Bowl and being on a golf course in Hawaii made it even more so.  Most guys bring their families or current squeeze for hire but he was divorced and brought his sister.  He was just a cool guy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

My ex-stepdad's copilot in the Army played ball with Miano and they were boys. One day we were sitting around the house and he knew I was an Eagles fan and he calls Miano up so I could say hello.