farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

so they basically spent 30 bucks to stand in the concourse and watch the smaller of the big screens.  awesome. 

i wonder if jerrah realized how hard it's going to be to fill a stadium with 100k seats when his team isn't that good.  no sellout = blackout.  people will go just to see the new stadium but the appeal of a new stadium will wear off soon enough, and even quicker if they play like they did on sunday. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 22, 2009, 10:35:18 PMi wonder if jerrah realized how hard it's going to be to fill a stadium with 100k seats when his team isn't that good.  no sellout = blackout.

That's why the official capacity is in the 75,000 to 80,000 range.

MDS

They are the most profitable team in sports. Also the most popular one. They'll be fine
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 22, 2009, 10:51:47 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 22, 2009, 10:35:18 PMi wonder if jerrah realized how hard it's going to be to fill a stadium with 100k seats when his team isn't that good.  no sellout = blackout.

That's why the official capacity is in the 75,000 to 80,000 range.

farger!

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on September 22, 2009, 11:04:06 PM
They are the most profitable team in sports. Also the most popular one. They'll be fine

Yeah I don't know if it's exposure to a certain type of radiation in the womb or what that turns on the specific Cowboys fan gene (on the same chromosome as the icehole gene), but they are everywhere, and most of them have never been to Texas and couldn't find Dallas on a map. I watched the Week 1 games at a sports bar in friggin Oregon and Cowboys fans nearly sold out that place.

Diomedes

This is why they really are America's Team.  You do know that, right?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

nfl influx of the 90's. they were the best team. every bandwagoner in his 20's or 30's is a cowboys fans. everyone.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mussa

i was in canada for a week. coming back to the US border the US border agent waved me to come forward. when i got to her, she says, Eagles fan ehh?(cause I have a eagles plate on the front of my truck) I can tell I'm already not going to like you.  I laughed and I hear the next border agent over from us go, drop the hammer on him! she goes, I'm a cowboys fan. I'm thinking, man I'd really like to make fun of her, but I am totally at her mercy. Horrible position to be in, I just chill and say "oh really!" So she just asks the normal shtein, and lets us go. I say thanks and best of luck to Tony Romo this year. She gives me this shtein look and I take off. Me and my girl we're dying laughing for the next few miles of road.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

DH

On our way back from Montreal after clinching game 5 during last years playoffs, we crossed the border  head to toe in Flyers gear with some of Quebec's finest greens under the passenger seat while getting and giving shtein to the border patrol...

LOL at "I'm totally at her mercy"  

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

by a cowboys fan no less, and he weren't even carrying
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Danny's team is more profitable than the Cowgirls.  They had an operating income of 90 million plus last year which is about 30 times more than Lurie made due to his huge debt service on the team and stadium.

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on September 23, 2009, 10:45:19 AM... which is about 30 times more than Lurie made due to his huge debt service Shawn Andrews and Reggie Brown

paco

QuoteCowboys' Adams fined $12,500 for plays vs. Giants

2009-09-23 17:11

IRVING, Texas (AP) -Cowboys left tackle Flozell Adams has been fined $12,500 for kicking two New York Giants on Sunday, making it two straight games he's been fined.

Adams was punished not only for the second-quarter play that left Justin Tuck with a shoulder injury, but also for doing it to Osi Umenyiora in the fourth quarter.

Adams was flagged for kicking Tuck, but not for the swipe at Umenyiora. After the game, Tuck called it a ``bush league play,'' and Adams shot back Monday, saying he didn't know Tuck was hurt, adding, ``From a supposed kick? Tell him to stay up. It ain't my fault.''

``Normally, people go to the Pro Bowl for blocking people, not tripping people. So maybe he should keep his feet on the ground,'' Tuck said. ``We're not going to get into a war of words here, we are going to let it be what it is, and I'll see Flozell when we play them again.''

The rematch is Dec. 6 at Giants Stadium.

Adams also was fined $5,000 for an unnecessary roughness penalty against Tampa Bay in the opener, which Adams said he wants to appeal.

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

bowzer

" I don't know why on God's Earth Tony Romo has been anointed a superstar in the National Football League. "
-- Tony Dorsett