farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stalker

I wish Jerry was dead so he could roll over in his grave,
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: stalker on January 26, 2009, 11:27:07 PM
I wish Jerry was dead so he could roll over in his grave,

He's not?

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

QB Eagles

Jerry's undead, there's a difference.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/01/wr-roy-williams-detroit-works-harder-tha.html

QuoteWR Roy Williams: 'Detroit works harder than Dallas on the practice field'
WR Roy Williams made that comment on ESPN's Mike and Mike Show this morning.

He noted that the hard work didn't translate to game day performance for the 0-16 Lions. Nevertheless, such a comment isn't exactly complimentary of his Cowboys coaches and teammates.

However, it should be noted that Williams has a reputation for being a poor practice player. It's been suggested that his practice habits didn't help him make a smooth transition after the Lions traded him to Dallas, although there were a lot of other factors, beginning with Tony Romo's fractured pinkie.

shorebird

Can this team possibly go even more into the crapper? Every week it's something new.

Eagaholic

First few paragraphs of a funny article that Bob Hayes' sister, who read the HOF acceptance letter, is a gold digging fraud and not his sister at all.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/2009/02/breaking_news_hall_of_fame_fra.php

QuoteSomewhere between Milli Vanilli, Rosie Ruiz, Criss Angel and Dennis Green's "They are who we thought they were," something smells fraudy.

Or, as the old Florida A&M college buddy and former business manager of newly minted Pro Football Hall of Fame member Bob Hayes says of Lucille Hester:

"She's a fake. A total perpetrator. She's hoodwinked the Dallas Cowboys, the NFL, the Hall of Fame and the national media. But she isn't a member of the Hayes family. And she's about to be exposed."

Before the accolades, tributes and "better late than never"s finished trickling in, Ted McIntosh is lampooning Hayes' Saturday induction to the Hall of Fame. Not on the player's merit, of course. But on the prominent role played by Hayes' "sister", Hester.

Presenting herself as Hayes' older sibling, Lucille served as the deceased receiver's spokesperson over the weekend in Tampa, even producing and reading a letter she claimed Hayes wrote in her presence in 1999. McIntosh, however, says Hester's assertions - right down to the letter - are counterfeit.

McIntosh first aired his startling revelation Sunday on 105.3 The Fan with Ben & Skin. He reiterated his stance to me last night.

"She isn't," McIntosh said, "related to Bob Hayes. She's an impostor."

This news, of course, comes as a shock to the NFL, the Hall of Fame, the Cowboys and Dallas Morning News columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor.

Eagaholic

Dan Reeves backs out of consulting job that was supposed to help dallas get unfarged up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3884953

Quote...Reeves, 65, also declined to specifically identify the contractual issue that caused the deal to fall apart. He was working since Monday in the Cowboys' facility, primarily meeting with the offensive coaching staff, learning the system and its terminology, and breaking down videotape of personnel. But he exited the building at midday and arrived back in Atlanta late Wednesday night. Jones could not be reached for comment.

"I thought the thing was done, and we finally agreed on what the title was going to be," Reeves said. "I didn't want to have a coaching title and not have authority coachingwise. I wanted to work with him [Jones] and Wade and help in any way that I possibly could. We finally agreed the coaching thing wouldn't be in there, but then the contract changed and there were some things in there I couldn't see being in there, and they were important to him.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hunt

terry glenn arrested

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-glennarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

QuoteFormer Dallas Cowboys receiver Terry Glenn was arrested on public intoxication and marijuana possession charges after appearing disoriented at a hotel, police said Thursday.

The Jan. 25 arrest came after a call of a suspicious person who was wandering the hallways checking door handles, said Irving police Officer David Tull.

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Eagaholic

well, now that pacman is gone, they could use a little help there

Diomedes

I dreamed last night that I was at some kind of NFL function, like the draft but not the draft.  Somehow--it's a dream, I don't know how this shtein happens--a guy near me produces a shotgun and we wrestle over it, during which the gun fires, blowing a deadly hole in the guy..  And then I see that the dying dude is DeMarcus Ware.  Then I woke up.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.