farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

LOL

T.O. was 100% at fault.  The Eagles had him signed to a contract that he agreed to just one year earlier yet they were supposed to tear it up and give him a new one just because his whore of an agent wanted them to?

And he wasn't sent home because he didn't sign autographs.  There was a pattern of disruption and insubordination he'd engaged in since the Super Bowl that was intolerable to the organization and that incident was the final straw.  It's not like everything was honky dory and then the Eagles snapped their fingers and suspended him without cause.

I'll be happy to kill the Eagles front office for a lot of boneheaded moves but the T.O. situation isn't one of them.

Oh, and the ironic thing is if he had simply acted like a grown-up and kept his farging mouth shut he would have been treated like a God by Eagles fans for the rest of his career.  And he would have ended up making more money too.  The only one who wouldn't have is Rosenhaus because without a new deal for T.O. he wouldn't have gotten a dime.  If there's a true villain in this case, it's him.  T.O. was just a retarded athlete who was swayed by a ruthless agent whose only agendas are getting paid and getting face time on camera.

ice grillin you

the eagles absolutely didnt have to pay him for what TO did...but it would have been the smarter business move...teams can cut a player whenever they want and not have to pay them but when a player out plays his deal and gives everything to play like TO did and wants more money hes a selfish athlete?...double standard

TO acted like a complete icehole but everyone knew he was an icehole before he came...once the eagles realized that by not paying him shtein was gonna get ugly they should have traded or released him...instead they were stubborn as all hell hurting themselves for no other reason than they wanted to screw TO...it made them feel better im sure but in business you shoudlnt let things get personal

in the end both sides are at fault...TO ruined a perfect situation for himself and the eagles ruined a superbowl contending team by not giving its best player a few more bucks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Wingspan on February 11, 2008, 09:15:57 AM
The more time that goes by, the more I actually blame the Eagles for the TO situation.

TO may be a child...the Eagles totally fed into the attention and made the situation much worse than it ever should have gotten. It was their responsibility to smooth the situation over, instead they aired all their laundy in the media and railroaded TO which made matters even worse.

They should have just said "no" to the extension...and then fined..or cut him after the or during the holdout before the 2005 season.

Looking back at the whole thing, it's hard to point fingers because we don't know and will never know the whole story.  Did the Eagles require him to sign some sort of waiver to play in the SB?  Because if it came down to that, and they really did make TO sign something that just tells me that the Eagles knew they couldn't win without him but at the same time, wanted to have a justifiable reason to release or not pay him in 2005 incase he seriously hurt himself and wouldn't be ready for opening day.  Either way, Lurie should have been parking a dump truck full of cash in TO's driveway right after that game.  

Did TO privately go to the FO and request a new deal?  Or did he simply not go to them and take his issue public?

If it was the former and the FO said they were unwilling to negotiate a new contract, then I lay a lot more blame on them for not recognizing the type of player they had and the more than reasonable price they were paying for him.  

If it was the latter, then I don't blame the FO at all for not giving him a new deal.  If I were in that position I wouldn't have given him a new deal either.  

The FO definitely gets all the blame for how they handled things once it got out in the open.  They never really supported Donovan and it seemed like every thing they did enabled TO to draw more attention to himself.  Why they simply didn't tell him not to talk to the media and then immediately began fining him when he did is beyond me.  And even though I'm an overall advocate of "policy" I still think that you have to realize that you've got a ticking time bomb on your hands and that you may want to reevaluate the way you're handling a certain situation because what you're currently doing isn't working.  

Then again, is it any surprise that Reid and Co failed to make the proper adjustments?  Apparently, it's not just a game day issue with him.  

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 11, 2008, 09:47:35 AM
didnt help either that the quarterback wasnt very strong in the leadership department...not blaming donovan because you cant change who youre but when half the team doesnt side with the starting qb and gravitates towards the lunatic wr you are trouble

It's really hard to say with this.  I think some of the players that sided with TO weren't so much doing so because of any loyalty they felt to TO nor where they doing it because they weren't feeling inspired by McNabb, but because some (not all) of the players were siding with TO because they knew the Eagles needed him to win a SB and were placing that above everything else.  I also think that some of the players were siding with TO because they felt that if the FO caves and gives him more money that might equate to more money for them in the future as well.  

That's the one reason why I don't fault the FO for not caving once everything went public and started spiralling out of control.  Once that happened, if they'd have given TO a new contract it would have set a disasterous precedent for any current or future Eagle player.  

reese125

All of it could of been prevented had Rosenhaus put in massive incentive clauses when and if Owens outperformed his contract? Then there wouldn't of been any mis-handlings. But, he wanted to be a scumbag and have the most leverage possible and force the Eagles to pay him had Owens done so, which then back-fired...for both parties.

Its not a double standard if the both parties are fully aware of whats expected of the player in terms of performance and the contracts stipulations

I blame Owens and the snake for not playing by the rules and I blame the Eagles for not bending their own (because as a fan Im greedy).

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 11, 2008, 10:15:11 AM
It's really hard to say with this.  I think some of the players that sided with TO weren't so much doing so because of any loyalty they felt to TO nor where they doing it because they weren't feeling inspired by McNabb, but because some (not all) of the players were siding with TO because they knew the Eagles needed him to win a SB and were placing that above everything else.  I also think that some of the players were siding with TO because they felt that if the FO caves and gives him more money that might equate to more money for them in the future as well.  

That's the one reason why I don't fault the FO for not caving once everything went public and started spiralling out of control.  Once that happened, if they'd have given TO a new contract it would have set a disasterous precedent for any current or future Eagle player.  

hugh douglas who was on donovans side even says that donovans personality is not such that hes going to endear himself to other players...people respect and like him but hes not a guy that people are going to go to war for...like say they would for a farve

and i agree the eagles should not have caved in and paid TO after shtein started to go really downhill...at that point TO didnt deserve shtein...but what they should have done is just released or traded him...instead they played the game along with him and it backfired

Dillen

ice grillin you

Wingspan

Quote from: reese125 on February 11, 2008, 10:21:29 AM
All of it could of been prevented had Rosenhaus put in massive incentive clauses when and if Owens outperformed his contract?

Rosenhaus wasn't TO's agent when he became an Eagle.

It was his old agent, the one who screwed up filing for free agency to begin with. TO had a legitimate beef, he was childish and immature about it, but it was still legit.

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 11, 2008, 10:15:11 AM

Looking back at the whole thing, it's hard to point fingers because we don't know and will never know the whole story.  Did the Eagles require him to sign some sort of waiver to play in the SB?  

That never happened. It would have violated the collective bargaining agreement That was one of the PFT things that florio just flat out made up.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

I thought I remembered TO actually saying that the Eagles had him sign a waiver.  No? 

reese125

QuoteRosenhaus wasn't TO's agent when he became an Eagle.

It was his old agent, the one who screwed up filing for free agency to begin with

Holy shtein...good pick up Wing..my bad

QuoteTO had a legitimate beef, he was childish and immature about it, but it was still legit.

Where the Eagles should of bent their "contract negotiations" rule is when TO wasnt being paid like a Top 10 receiver...but the fact TO lashed out at McNabb after the SB, the media, and bitching about the basketball summer league, I think killed it for him. They "might" have made the exception, but who knows. Like Sarge said..it could of opened up unwanted doors

hbionic

....no, no, no.....

farg T.O.!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

Is it 2006 again? Jesus, shut the farg about that douchebag.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

TeeeOoooh, T.O, T.O, T.O. TeeeeOoooh, TeeeeOooooh!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

I hope so.  If we could just get McNabb a quality #1 receiver we'd be almost unstoppable.