Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Once again, it takes me a while to catch on...but I didn't realize that Prince Oberyn was talking about the Mountain and I didn't know it was The Mountain that Cerci was talking to. (I didn't see the character was re-cast until last night). Looks like they selected a more fitting specimen (even though the original looks more rugged).

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagles_Legendz

I think after this season ends and what should be pretty great last 3 episodes to see where GoT goes in the pantheon of TV series.  I think it has to enter that discussion after 4 years if it sticks the landing here.

phattymatty

i'm only like two episodes behind and have no idea who anyone in this thread is talking about.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: hbionic on May 19, 2014, 03:53:53 PM
Once again, it takes me a while to catch on...but I didn't realize that Prince Oberyn was talking about the Mountain and I didn't know it was The Mountain that Cerci was talking to. (I didn't see the character was re-cast until last night). Looks like they selected a more fitting specimen (even though the original looks more rugged).

That recasting got me, as well. Plus the fact that Cersei refers to him as Sir Gregor, while everyone else refers to him as The Mountain (I had long forgotten the character's actual name).

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: hbionic on May 19, 2014, 03:53:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7woRoVwyM

here's why he was recast
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

As far as the Hound/Arya scenes, just terrific.  Loved when she stuck the rapist in the heart, and the Hound just turned around and said "you're learning". 

Sansa's scenes with LittleFinger were typical Sansa, but like Munson said, I definitely didn't see Lysa getting thrown that quickly.  Now what to do with her muppet head son. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 20, 2014, 08:43:49 AM
As far as the Hound/Arya scenes, just terrific.  Loved when she stuck the rapist in the heart, and the Hound just turned around and said "you're learning". 

Sansa's scenes with LittleFinger were typical Sansa, but like Munson said, I definitely didn't see Lysa getting thrown that quickly.  Now what to do with her muppet head son.

agreed with all of this. also great was the non-chalant way cersei just walks into the courtyard where the mountain is killing slaves for practice and she just steps right over the dead guy's guts. just anothee walk in the park.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hbionic

Seabiscuit, I just read the dude is 25 years old, stands at 6ft 9in tall, 400lbs.

I'm pretty sure his package is a little bigger than mind.

Seabiscuit36

It's pretty remarkable .  Genetics off the heezy

hbionic

Just looked that the original cast of The Mountain stood at a measely 7ft tall.  :o

Looked shrimpish compared to his replacement.

SD

The mountain is the hounds brother...right?

Another incredible episode. Unlike a lot of you I saw Littlefinger throwing Lysa into the hole...probably because I would have done the same.

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD on May 20, 2014, 09:43:49 PM
The mountain is the hounds brother...right?

Yeah. The Hound got those burns because when they were kids the Mountain caught the Hound playing with one of his toys, so he grabbed the Hound and held his face in a fire.

Eagaholic

My favorite mountain was the 2nd one (at Harrenhal), had a voice like Lerch. He also played a giant and a white walker.

Munson

First Mountain was the best. Looked the part the most, IMO.

Whatever, this guy will serve his purpose of being a big mother farger who's scary as shtein to fight. Gonna be interesting to see how Oberyn attacks him.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Quote from: Munson on May 20, 2014, 11:26:12 PM
First Mountain was the best. Looked the part the most, IMO.

Whatever, this guy will serve his purpose of being a big mother farger who's scary as shtein to fight. Gonna be interesting to see how Oberyn attacks him.
with his dick?

Actually, it's not hard to figure it out if you think about it