Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont know shtein from shtein and i just want the garbage ass show to end so i dont have to listen to insufferable nerds anymore but the fact that its going down in flames makes me even happier...

QuoteGame of Thrones going from the best show on TV to just the absolute worst is the greatest heel turn in TV history. You got me screenwriters, I DID NOT EXPECT THIS TWIST!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Really nice ep tonight, best of the season imo. A lot of the patented political intrigue in the 1st half and the best action sequences of the year in the second - and punctuated nicely with Dany defying all expectations and going all Mad King burn them all bat shtein crazy. Unlike a lot of the last ep or two, this was hidden well and sets up an interesting Dany/Torgo Nudho/Dothraki vs Starks and the world.

A very buy-inable 9-11 type dystopia tonight. I didn't like the apparent Cersei/Jamie burial as the best way to go. Interesting that back in s5 (?) Maggie left out the valonquor part of Cersei's prophesy and we saw why tonight. Makes me think GRRM wanted there t be some major differences for his books. Brienne will be on antidepressants when she hears the news of Jamie and Kings Landing.       

Rome

I liked tonite's episode mostly because I knew people would lose their baked beans on the internet over it, and boy oh boy have they ever.

Eagles_Legendz

"I never much cared for innocent lives" - Jaime Lannister the man who saved a million lives at the cost of his own reputation.

Eagaholic

But also because he was ordered to kill his father.

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 12, 2019, 10:25:16 PM
i dont know shtein from shtein and i just want the garbage ass show to end so i dont have to listen to insufferable nerds anymore but the fact that its going down in flames makes me even happier...

QuoteGame of Thrones going from the best show on TV to just the absolute worst is the greatest heel turn in TV history. You got me screenwriters, I DID NOT EXPECT THIS TWIST!

The ironic part is that tonight's episode was the best one in over four years. The rest of this season has been a disaster.

It's just fans of one character who don't seem to grasp what this story was about.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 12, 2019, 11:35:45 PM

The ironic part is that tonight's episode was the best one in over four years. The rest of this season has been a disaster.

It's just fans of one character who don't seem to grasp what this story was about.

Nah.  6x10 was the best episode the show ever aired and 8x02 was better this year.

I am assuming you're referencing Dany whose turn would've been justified if they placed tracks better this year.  There is NO justification for what they did to Jaime the last 1.5 episodes.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 12, 2019, 11:35:45 PM

I mean like I said I have no idea but this year seems to be an abomination...had no idea it's been bad for that long

SD

It's the equivalent to season 5 of the Wire. And I hated season 5 of the Wire.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 13, 2019, 12:01:05 AM
There is NO justification for what they did to Jaime the last 1.5 episodes.

I agree about Jaime and his scenes tonight were the only thing about the episode I disliked. It's clearly not the way the books are going. He's gonna kill her. I was yelling at my TV for him to kill her. But they've mutilated that character for a long time.

I felt the show has made it clear from early on that this is a possible path Dany could go down. They have done so clumsily and inconsistently in recent seasons because the writing on this show is not good. Ever since GRRM dipped out of active involvement, it's been a mess. But I won't pin the errors of previous episodes on this one. The overall thrust of what we saw tonight is clearly the real ending.

ice grillin you

It's the equivalent to season 5 of the Wire. And I hated season 5 of the Wire.

Well the wire is Shakespeare and this is dungeon and dragons so they obviously aren't on the same planet and the worst wire ep is better than the best game if thrones so I'm just talking about how bad it is compared to itself and I had no idea it has been bad for years

SD

You don't watch the show enough to compare. There are tons of shows that have dragons and sword fights but GOT was set apart due to the story, characters and writing. Same as there are a ton of shows about Cops and drug dealers, what sets the Wire apart is the story, authenticity, characters, dialogue and writing.

ice grillin you

I've never seen a second of it but I've also never seen iron man and I know The Godfather is a better movie

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 13, 2019, 12:43:56 AM
I've never seen a second of it but I've also never seen iron man and I know The Godfather is a better movie

Apples and oranges

QB Eagles

GOT was a real HBO drama -- primarily a political drama. It became dungeons and dragons after 4 seasons when they ran out of material to adapt, and it became a series of fantasy tropes instead of a series that messes with fantasy tropes.

The first four seasons weren't the Wire (because no other show has been half as well written as the Wire S1-4) but were absolutely great TV.