Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

This farging show.

Great episode. farg it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

Holy shtein.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Susquehanna Birder

Hahaha...there go all the Hodor theories.

QB Eagles

"Don't knock it down while I'm gone".

Jon with the farging foreshadowing.

Eagaholic

Random musings e5. Best ep of the season imo.

Surprised Sansa lied to Jon about the Raven. She's hiding her meeting with Littlefinger (who gave her the info about Blackfish) from Jon and it's a new element in her rapidly evolving character development. You can see LF's influence rubbing off on her. She (and LF) use to say  how she couldn't pull of a lie. Seems she's getting tempted by the dark side - very un-Starklike, but that's also how they all end up at the wrong end of a blade and maybe she's learning that.

Hodor needs some stress management techniques.

And we're full blown into the parallel time/space realities with real time Bran warging into Hodor to hold the door, while Winterfell-past-vision young Hodor is seizing on the ground because of it, and meanwhile while Bran in the cave visions it. And also, WWs can see and touch observer Bran, so will he ever be safe greenseeing again? Reminiscent of the ringwraiths when Frodo puts on the ring.

Another week another direwolf :(  The death of Summer obviously symbolic but will he be raised as a wight? Or will Hodor for that matter? Hodor looks left for (un)dead but I never trust these things.

Although the real purpose of the WW is becoming more clear, the bigger question is whether we'll see Mel 2.0 topless. Another gggggggggggggmilf. I would demonspawn her.

Low point in directing - how did Yara and a her small group make off with fifty or a hundred of their "best ships" without the others noticing? Also, Euron was disappointingly nonbadass. High point - fantastic special effects when WWs blow up, even when watched frame by frame.

A WW tonight looked very much like the one Jon killed. Was that a coincidence or can they be recreated? When the NK turned Craster's baby into a WW, there were 13 present. By my count there are still 10 on the team with 3 dead (killed by Jon, Sam and tonight by the child of the forest). If the original 13 were all of the WWs, which would make sense if 13 is their number, like 7 is to The Faith, that should leave 10 if no Others are created.

Do all the WWs have the ability to control wights or just the NK?

I like that the last 2 episodes had meaningful titles, doesn't always happen. "The Door,"
like the wall itself, seems to represent an eroding barrier between the worlds of man and the supernatural.

Kwai Chang waif has some skills, Arya will be there before too long.

QB Eagles

Yeah Euron is way toned down from the approach I would have taken. He seems like kind of a normal guy. The show decides to go for realism on him of all characters? They should have toned down Ramsay a few notches and amped up Euron. This guy is a master of psychological warfare. I hope they flesh out his character more in episodes to come.

Enough with the Arya training stuff, already. It's filler. I know they spend a lot of time choreographing and filiming these stick fights, but I couldn't care less.

I agree though, best episode of the season. A lot of emotional parts. In addition to Hodor, you had Theon standing up for his sister, and Jorah being welcomed back into the friendzone. The episode was a tearjerker.

Just when I thought that theater scene was dragging on a little too long, amazing tits appeared. GoT breaking out some of the Season 1 tricks there.

Bran's fargups killed his mentor, his dog, and completely ruined the entire life of the person who has been taking care of him more than anyone since Season 1. What a fleshpop.

Susquehanna Birder

Agreed with the Arya stuff. We got the point several episodes ago. Move on with it already.

I'm thinking Hodor is going to be one badass white walker.

smeags

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on May 22, 2016, 10:39:08 PM
Hahaha...there go all the Hodor theories.

some did think it would have something to do with bran being in the past and farging up.

smeags

it seems all the WW's that are 2nd in command under the night king look the same.

hold the door !

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

Quote from: Munson on May 23, 2016, 07:13:53 PM

t

That is so wrong, and a must have for father's day.

Eagaholic

Quote from: smeags on May 23, 2016, 10:27:35 AM
it seems all the WW's that are 2nd in command under the night king look the same.
racist!

smeags

what can i say, I hate kind of dead white people.

Eagaholic

Quote from: smeags on May 24, 2016, 12:22:49 PM
what can i say, I hate kind of dead wight people.
Fixed. I'm sure that is what you meant to say.

smeags

Quote from: Eagaholic on May 24, 2016, 12:40:25 PM
Quote from: smeags on May 24, 2016, 12:22:49 PM
what can i say, I hate kind of dead wight people.
Fixed. I'm sure that is what you meant to say.

thank you sir. auto spellcheck fail  8)