Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Tormund should be king. 

Dude is definitely approaching favorite character status for me.

QB Eagles

In the books it's clear that Jon is an extremely competent leader (although he still ends up getting butchered by his own men) and Dany is more or less incompetent. There's some of that in the show but I think both aspects come through stronger in the books.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything for the end of the story because it's not like this is something that has to have a happy ending. White Walker destruction or something cynical and humorous like Bronn on the Iron Throne are definite possibilities.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on May 02, 2016, 04:25:57 PMAlso don't know where that would leave Bran. If he really is the new Bloodraven, it would make sense for him to become the King's Hand.

Bloodraven was the Hand long before he was the Three Eyed Raven though. I kinda figured the greenseer job requires you to be hooked into the trees for life, but they did say on the show this week that Bran will be traveling outside the cave. I was kinda surprised by that.

I don't see how the show can avoid the temptation to have him warg into a dragon at some point.

Munson

Even when he was hand though, it was always said he had a thousand eyes and one. Everyone always chalked it up to a network of spies but it had to be the greenseeing. So you must not need to be under that particular tree.

Bran did show us in season 4 that you can do it just by touching a weirwood.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

I think the rulers of 5 of the 7 kingdoms have been wiped out in just the last two seasons. I'm not too clear on whether Walder Frey or Petyr Baelish controls the Riverlands in show canon. Mace Tyrell better watch his back.

Munson

Frey is the Great House in the Riverlands right now on the show I believe. Baelish has control of the Vale and told Cersei he'd kick some Bolton ass if she named him Warden of the North.

Yeah I think Mace gets got this season.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Quote from: Munson on May 02, 2016, 09:34:37 PM
Even when he was hand though, it was always said he had a thousand eyes and one. Everyone always chalked it up to a network of spies but it had to be the greenseeing. So you must not need to be under that particular tree.

Bran did show us in season 4 that you can do it just by touching a weirwood.
Jury is still out a bit but Mel could see stuff just by looking into a fire. Quaithe obviously had the gift of sight as did Maggie the Frog from a taste of blood, so there's many ways besides greenseeing to look into the future, past or what is hidden in the present.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Susquehanna Birder

Bran grows up to be Ivar the Boneless, and goes on to ravage Northumbria.

Eagles_Legendz

Wished they didn't split tower of joy up like that but I get building it for non-readers.  Fight was pretty good.

QB Eagles

So is Jaime just like Cersei's accomplice now? Did he ever ask her what she got arrested for?

Munson

Holy shtein at Arthur Dayne. Definitely did him justice. Took on 4 dudes and beat all 4 of them. Kinda bummed they did 2 on 6 instead of 3 on 7, but whatevs.

Love seeing Jon saying "farg it" to the Night's Watch so quickly too.

phattymatty

Quote from: Munson on May 09, 2016, 12:41:52 AM
Kinda bummed they did 2 on 6 instead of 3 on 7, but whatevs.

why?

Munson

Quote from: phattymatty on May 09, 2016, 01:13:40 AM
Quote from: Munson on May 09, 2016, 12:41:52 AM
Kinda bummed they did 2 on 6 instead of 3 on 7, but whatevs.

why?

I'm not a book purist by any means but for some reason I was really hoping they'd keep that scene as close to the book as possible. Wanted the dialogue from the book and all that. They could have at least named the other Kingsguard, who I think was supposed to be Oswell Whent.

Eagaholic

Another very good ep.

Best line - Ed saying to Jon "That's funny... are you sure that's you in there?"

Most intriguing - that Bran stopped Ned when calling after him. The 3ER said the history was written and the ink is dry but Bran affecting Ned seems to suggest otherwise.

Best dialogue - masterful writing for the High Sparrow and his theocratic arguments with Tommen. Great the way he worked Tommen, especially the bad knees/sitting thing to get Tommen to sit right next to him on 'equal footing.'

Most annoying - again with the just in the nick of time sword/knife/spear through the back of the head and out the front. How many times are they going to play that one, every episode now? It's getting as bad as LOTR.

Where's Bronn? Didn't look like he was on the boat rowing to shore which would have left him back on the ship with Trystane.

Cersei being Cercie at the small counsel when it seemed Jaime might have had an opening when he sat down and said they have to all together figure out a way to solve the situation, and she blows it up. Looks like Cercei would like to go to war with the Boltons/North for marrying Sansa to Ramsey; go to war with Dorne for killing Myrcella/ championing Tyrion/other past history; go to war with the Tyrells if she could get away with it; go to war with the High Sparrow and Faith Militant; will be strongly at odds with the Iron Bank; doesn't seem to get that Daenerys plans to go to war against her (and others); is fighting with her uncle and Hand of the King Kevin; is locked in a dangerous tug of war with Margaery over her son. Also, if Tommen dies as expected, Margaery, if she can extricate herself, would be the Queen and sovereign of Westeros according to the current status.

I was talking to a friend today who is just a casual watcher and he predicted a return of Reckon, not for any particular reason he could put his finger on. Doesn't bode well for Reckon and Osha with Ramsey. Maybe Jon will get to Winterfell just in the nick of time!.