Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: rjs246 on June 08, 2015, 11:46:12 AM
Quote from: Munson on June 08, 2015, 11:41:25 AM
I think most of the reason why the Harpy's didn't rush forward is because they know the Unsullied are a much tougher opponent when they're in formation, rather then individual and engaging in guerrilla warfare fights. Being in formation around Dany is the type of fight they're trained for, and they're supposed to be the best in the world at it. Harpy's were probably just a little bit nervous rushing into that.

It takes too much analysis of their motivations by the audience to bother coming to that conclusion. This is a TV show. A TV show predicated on action that was trying to distract its viewers from the preceding scene. It was poorly done.

Well I don't care much about the rest of the audience...if I know what's going on, that's good enough for me.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

moving along now ... did anyone else catch that dany and jorah touched hands ? well with him being afflicted with greyscale and all ...
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

edit. dammit, too small.

hbionic

I'm not really following game of thrones that closely this season, but that little crocodile skin, cvnt of a girl must have done something to piss daddy off (I didn't read the book, but that's a safe guess). She most likely deserved it too because people don't get burned at the stake for no reason, it's unheard of and that's a FACT! Also, when are we gonna see some more red witch pvssy? I'm getting tired of rubbing one out to that tall hottie...that short haired, blonde knight with the scribe...I forget his name. Let's call Dorne for what it really is: Mexico. It's good to know that there is always a need for Mexicans, even in ancient England. Is anyone else wondering what the Giants dick looks like besides me (is it hooded or not)? Why doesn't Stannis just order pizzas for everyone...I'm pretty sure they'd deliver if he told them who he was; "Hello, this is King Stannis, rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Yes, I'll hold.................oh, yes, I was calling about an order I put in. It's been over 30 minutes". Sansa's grill is as busted as her vagina, I imagine, is beautiful. One last thing, "Hey Theon, grow a pair!"
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagles_Legendz

smeags

its as if lil guy hacked into his account.

Eagles_Legendz

"What happens with the Sand Snakes is...extreme. Very extreme. So I'm really curious to see how people take it. I don't know what else I can say!" the actress tells Yahoo Singapore. "Episode 10 sets the rest of the show on a very certain path. It's a big move in Game of Thrones, and the Sand Snakes are a part of it."

Says actress who plays Nym.  Now I'm worried in Dorne for ep10.  Bleh.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 09, 2015, 08:45:53 PM
"the Sand Snakes are a part of it."

words you never wanna hear about an episode of game of thrones

SD

Chick with the short hair has great tits

Munson

I was just thinking that the Dorne plotline has turned into a big waste of time thus far unless something big drops in episode 10. I can't imagine what it would be, though, outside of Doran saying to Tristane "hey...make sure you kill Tommen so Myrcella becomes queen" or something.

One thing I will say in defense of Dorne is right now it seems like a bunch of minor characters playing a small, outside roll on the edges of the main plot...but then again, Littlefinger seemed that way for about 6 episodes too.

Of course, I think the plot was more exciting and more clear then what's currently going on in King's Landing, not to mention it was pretty much the one central plotline at that point, where as Kings Landing's current goings on are, at best, the 3rd most important thing going on right now.

And yes, youngest Sand Snake has great boobies.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

This is speculation, not a spoiler, but here's what I'm thinking...

So Varys has been awol and obv wants a Targ restoration.  Dorne wants vengeance but also want to further their own interests politically & used to be aligned with the Targs.  What about this:

Trystane marries Myrcella.  Varys arranges for Tommen to be murdered after they get back to KL.  eventually Myrcella is killed by conspirators putting Trystane in a place of power conveniently for Dany's invasion, and he pitches a marriage proposal to her to secure the throne. 

Checks every box I think.

Munson

That'd be a pretty complicated plan, but I guess about par for the course in Westeros haha.

I mean, I think there's no doubt at this point that Dorne become's Dany's first friend in Westeros. It makes too much sense for them not to be.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on June 09, 2015, 11:22:26 PM
I was just thinking that the Dorne plotline has turned into a big waste of time thus far unless something big drops in episode 10. I can't imagine what it would be, though, outside of Doran saying to Tristane "hey...make sure you kill Tommen so Myrcella becomes queen" or something.

Not sure if it'll be that move exactly (certainly could be), but I absolutely believe Doran is a skilled operator like the other high lords who are still around (Olenna Tyrell, Roose Bolton, LF). He definitely has a revenge plan in the works and is feigning fealty to the Lannisters. It is necessary to save that plotline and also explains Ellaria Sand's quick turnaround a bit.

SD

Oberyn was such a great character, you'd figure Dorne would be a great story line but it's been a colossal bore.