Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Without the King ordering the Kings Guard or the City Watch to stop them, who's going to get in their way?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: smeags on May 18, 2015, 08:59:31 AM
it still seems rushed, the whole storyline. one episode there is this little westboro group running around and then, boom, next thing we know they are tossing the queen and her pilow bitting brother in jail.

This is more to the point, they just showed up out of nowhere and are suddenly the law. Where did they come from? Were they always there and then gained power? I guess the one guy is a Lannister.

rjs246

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 17, 2015, 10:34:49 PM
I think they missed an opportunity with the sex scene. Sansa seducing Ramsay to show she's actually attempting to be manipulative makes her character evolve and not become victimization for the umpteenth time with her.

I mean, whether that would've been in character is debatable but if we're trying to establish that she isn't just functioning as a victim again...that would've been the way to go.

This is a theme with this show and not one that I enjoy at all. They did it with Danearys and Drogo at the beginning. In the books Drogo seduced her on their wedding night. On the show he just straight up rapes her. It sends a message that the female characters are weak, victims. Which makes them less interesting. Sansa is finally starting to show some mettle and they just make her into a victim again? Uninteresting. Was not a fan.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Quote from: SD on May 18, 2015, 09:18:15 AM
Quote from: smeags on May 18, 2015, 08:59:31 AM
it still seems rushed, the whole storyline. one episode there is this little westboro group running around and then, boom, next thing we know they are tossing the queen and her pilow bitting brother in jail.

This is more to the point, they just showed up out of nowhere and are suddenly the law. Where did they come from? Were they always there and then gained power? I guess the one guy is a Lannister.

I find it interesting only because Cersei has been playing 'the game' for so long and playing it extremely poorly that now it looks like she might finally have something going. Of course, as soon as they find out that she was boning her brother and her cousin she's farged, but at least she isn't bumbling around like a moron any more.

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

you know something is going to come out on cersei, no way her cousin farg buddy lancel, is going to keep quiet and not drop dime.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Munson

lol

Wish he was fighting Obara, she was much better with the spear.

Apparently I read they only had one week to film there in the Water Gardens, so I wonder how rushed the choreography for the fight scenes were.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

There was also a very obvious cut in the shot where the little Snake fell on her ass and then sprang back up. So that one was either poor editing, or an attempt to make her look more athletic by cutting out some frames and speeding it up.

Honestly I have been very unimpressed with the entire Spanish production crew thus far. The Spanish scenes are not up to the standards of the rest of the show.

Munson

Eagles_Legendz

Much better than last week.

rjs246

Quote from: rjs246 on May 18, 2015, 09:22:57 AM
Of course, as soon as they find out that she was boning her brother and her cousin she's farged, but at least she isn't bumbling around like a moron any more.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

By far the best episode of the season

Munson

Seemed like a lot of stuff went down that episode. Another long one, ended almost exactly at 10.

Kings Landing-Goddamn Tommen is a soft as bitch. Cersei did good work on him. Not used to seeing Margery like that. As soon as Cersei went to the High Sparrow I knew he was gonna toss her in as well. Wonder how Littlefinger convinced Lancel to talk.
Not used to seeing Lady Olenna at a loss for words/what to do. I do like her telling Littlefinger that he can go farg himself if need be.

The Wall-Damn, Maester Aemon was a good dude. Sad to see him go. Also was thinking he might end up one day giving information on Jon Snow's mom or something like that. Guess not. Poor Sam got his face beat in. Ghost with the good timing. And then Sam finally gets laid. "Oh my" :-D...Even though it's clear he loves Gilly, I'm actually kind of surprised he broke his vows so easily. Not sure how everything's gonna go up there with Jon gone and Aemon dead. For his part, Ser Alliser doesn't seem like the type of guy that would overthrow Jon's command just because.

Stannis-Knew that was coming, glad Stannis refused. Starting to feel worse and worse about his chances at sacking Winterfell, though.

Winterfell-Ramsay still a douche, Reek/Theon still mentally shattered. He really needs to tell Sansa he didn't kill her brothers.

Mereen/Jorah/Tyrion-The auction was pretty funny. Tyrion continues his streak of talking himself out of anything. Loved the look on Dany's face when he revealed himself. Now will somebody please farging tell each other that Tyrion is with Varys, Varys has been secretly working with Illyrio to bring the Targaryn dynasty back, and Jorah was unwittingly used to help do that so we can all move on and Tyrion can start advising Dany.

Dorne-That was the first time that the youngest Sand Snake didn't seem like a horrible actress, and it wasn't just because she showed her nice boobies. Loved the other two rolling their eyes at her in the background too. Was not happy that we appeared to be losing Bronn, glad that didn't happen. The scene with Jaime was super short but got the point across on his basic powerlessness to do much.

Eagles_Legendz

This is pure speculation and not a book spoiler because it goes down differently in the books, but while that was my first reading as well (LF serving up Lancel), I think they're going another way with it.  For as omnipotent as the show casts Littlefinger as sometimes, I don't think he has an in with Lancel to get him to talk about anything...I'm think it's something else.  I'm not entirely sure what yet, but I think it may be getting Olyvar to either go back on his testimony or perhaps murdering him before he can testify against Loras and Marg.  I think Olenna is more interested in their welfare than taking down Cersei and Olyvar is under LF's control...again, could be wrong on that, but my gut right now is that it wasn't directed @ Cersei. 

It's also a little different of a situation than what could have transpired in the books because in the books Loras has two brothers.  So, not that potentially losing him wouldn't be a big deal, but he's the heir to Highgarden in the show.  Therefore, with Marg & Loras in prison, Olenna raising banners and burning the place down probably isn't an option because it basically wipes out her line if they get executed as a reprisal.

QB Eagles

The title of the episode was "The Gift", referring to LF's gift to Olenna (and to Tyrion as well, of course). Given that it would be odd if the titular gift did not reveal itself in the episode, I assume it was meant to be Lancel. That does seem a bit of a plot hole however, as the Cersei-Lancel affair was only shown to be known of by Tyrion. It's not too unbelievable that LF would be aware as well, but it would be uncharacteristically out of the blue, given the huge amount of foreshadowing the series has been laying down for nearly every significant plot point recently.

As an aside, like most other aspects of the show, the episode titles seem to be somewhat crummy and one-dimensional in Season 5 compared to seasons past. I would have thought that The Gift also referred to the lands south of the wall given to the Night's Watch by an ancient Stark king, and which are now under consideration to be given to the wildlings, but the episode didn't go in that direction for some reason.

I have trashed the Sand Snakes at some length, but I was pleasantly surprised when the cute Snake pulled her titties out. Not just because she has an epic set, but also because I thought that actress was like 15.