The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

QuoteMadison Square Garden Inc. owns four professional sports teams, a number of TV networks (not all sports), and stadiums and venues around the country, including the Chicago Theater and Los Angeles Forum.

Did not know that about the Forum.  I knew that the LA Forum was still there but can't imagine what they use it for as there are so many nice venues in Southern Cal/LA proper.  Bionic?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

hbionic

Quote from: Don Ho on August 20, 2012, 07:22:33 PM
QuoteMadison Square Garden Inc. owns four professional sports teams, a number of TV networks (not all sports), and stadiums and venues around the country, including the Chicago Theater and Los Angeles Forum.

Did not know that about the Forum.  I knew that the LA Forum was still there but can't imagine what they use it for as there are so many nice venues in Southern Cal/LA proper.  Bionic?

It is mostly used for a church...not sure if Baptist but i'm 99.9% positive it's primary tenant is a church.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

new nba flopping policy is great
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2012, 02:13:23 PM
new nba flopping policy is great

Quote@KBergCBS: NBPA announces it will file grievance and unfair labor practices charge against #NBA over new flopping fines.

reese125

i will admit that while i like the rule because it turns the game into a friggin english soccer match, im not too sure that throwing fines at players is the right move

why not just throw a technical and put the team on the free throw line potentially costing a team a game?

phattymatty

^^^^^ agreed.

chris bosh is gonna be a broke bitch this year.

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on October 03, 2012, 07:27:13 PM
i will admit that while i like the rule because it turns the game into a friggin english soccer match, im not too sure that throwing fines at players is the right move

why not just throw a technical and put the team on the free throw line potentially costing a team a game?

in general this is how it should be....but thats something to do after a year or two of instituting the rule...flopping is so entrenched in the sport now that it would effect the game itself to much if you called a foul everytime it happened

reese125

its not like flopping happens every 2 minutes. it mostly occurs consistently in the 4th q when the opposing team is trying desperately to get back possession.

i can almost bet you that if you laid an instant tech foul on the guy flopping he wouldnt come close to doing it as much because he would be the Hoyda blamed that cost his team the game. it would take 1 headline that wrote "battier's flop penalty costs heat 1st game of the playoffs..." for him to think twice

ice grillin you

it happens all the time all over the place...hence the reason for these fines

no one wants games decided by flopping calls

plus with the fines you can get the player even if the ref misses the flop on the court

phattymatty

i have no problems with games being won and lost by flop calls. you make the biggest bitch move there is, you pay the price.

although then you hit that slippery slope where it might have been a real foul and then the ref still calls it a flop.

reese125

thus the reason why the player appeals folder will be stacked to the ceiling on sterns desk

MDS

im at a rockets/thunder preseason game

1. kevin durant is tall
2. nick collison is tall
3. there are tons of asian media here for lin
4. omir asik was practicing free throws before the game. lol.

im writing the AP gamer on this. it wont be bylined though. but if you read it on espn or something youll know i wrote it. farg you.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Our boy done growed up....gettin' some AP run!

MDS

well this game is boring, lin sucks

the ap only wants 150-200 word and doesnt need quotes. im getting paid "enough for a fun weekend." well see.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.