The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

But he left the game in the final minutes because of cramps!!  MJ never would have done that!!

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 20, 2012, 04:01:54 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 20, 2012, 07:37:44 AM
Quote from: Rome on June 20, 2012, 07:34:06 AM
I think Lebron is a bitch but he's been all-time great in these playoffs.   I hope they win just so the uber-haters get to suck on it for a year.

thats a skitzophrenic post even for you

Really?  What was difficult to discern?

1. He's a bitch.

2. He's played all-time great in the playoffs.

3. I hope he wins now because people are wildly over the top irrational in their hatred of the guy (think King Cole).  And it's not just pathetic hungry hungry hippos I'm referring to either.  There's a large contingent of media pros who actively despise the guy.  They call him a choke, a loser, etc. to the point of just being petty & vindictive.

Not schizophrenic at all, Brodie.

you cant call him a bitch then call other people haters....get yo shtein straight

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 20, 2012, 09:17:56 PM
But he left the game in the final minutes because of cramps!!  MJ never would have done that!!

this isnt a slam on lebron because hes one of the best players of all time...but jordan actually wouldnt have done that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Ironically enough, LeBron can actually take the 4th qtr off tonight.

Sgt PSN

Triple Double in the clinching game.  Is that good?

MDS

he didnt hit a buzzer beat, he sucks

though in reality this title counts as much as the ones kobe won with shaq. it counts, but not as much
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Quote from: MDS on June 21, 2012, 11:51:29 PM

though in reality this title counts as much as the ones kobe won with shaq. it counts, but not as much

That's almost the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Reminds me of a neighbor who told me his baseball card was worth more than the same one I had because he had paid more for it than I did. That's still the stupidest thing I've heard, and that was almost 15 years ago...but you stuff is in 2nd place.

Because Dr. J played all 5 positions himself, his championship counted more. Be quiet mister MDS!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on June 22, 2012, 04:59:16 AM
Quote from: MDS on June 21, 2012, 11:51:29 PM

That's almost the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Reminds me of a neighbor who told me his baseball card was worth more than the same one I had because he had paid more for it than I did. That's still the stupidest thing I've heard, and that was almost 15 years ago...but you stuff is in 2nd place.

id rather be kobe and shaq than malone and stockton of course but the lil guy is right on point

Sgt PSN

How much do Magic's titles count for?

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

I don't see how. Magic had the good fortune of being drafted by a team with Kareem and they later added another HOFer in Worthy.  Larry Bird played with a HOF starting lineup too.

The only difference between them and LBJ is they did it with the teams that drafted them.  Not sure how this title is less valid than the others.

rjs246

As Eagles fans I'm not sure how anyone can question the worth/validity of a title. Get ahold of yourselves.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 22, 2012, 10:24:34 AM
I don't see how. Magic had the good fortune of being drafted by a team with Kareem and they later added another HOFer in Worthy.  Larry Bird played with a HOF starting lineup too.

The only difference between them and LBJ is they did it with the teams that drafted them.  Not sure how this title is less valid than the others.

its not who lebron plays with that lessens his title its how the team was built...to have to conspire with other players to go somewhere to stack a team and win just isnt kosher imo...dont get me wrong im not saying it doesnt count....they absolutely deserve the ring and its not fair to rip them last year for not winning it and then not give them all the propers for winning it this year...but any titles those three win together will always have an addendum to them

had he stuck it out in cleveland and won it would have carried much more weight....but again better to win in miami than not win in cleveland

PoopyfaceMcGee

Watching Skip Bayless today makes me really happy for LeBron.

MDS

if you dont think there are different levels of titles then you just dont know basketball

to say lebrons ring counts as much as the one dirk won last year, jordans 6, any of magics or birds is ridiculous. it still counts and its still good but if this is it for him its gonna be awful hard to put him in the top 5 greatest ever list. skill wise, damn, he might be the best.

but its really about titles and when you put a team together the way they did it just isnt the same as what everyone else does.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

So this is going to be the new Lebron argument now? He won a title, but it doesn't mean as much as it would have had he stayed in Cleveland. Got it.