The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

WWTDD.com calls it a dunk.

That settles it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on January 31, 2012, 08:01:42 PM
I just find it ironic that a guy is questioning a dunk because the guy didn't hang on the ring.  Would you have preferred Blake to farg up his wrists by making sure he satisfied your definition of dunk.   

i dont prefer anything.....if he had dunked it that would have been cool...a finger roll or a little runner...what the hell do i care

and he never got to the rim so he didnt have a choice of hanging on it or not...so i really dont understand what you are getting at there

you also dont have to hang on the rim for it to be a dunk
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

His fingers did "glance" the rim on the follow through but not enough to really rattle the rim.  Since we're being overly technical here already, I'll say it was a dunk but not a slam dunk. 

rjs246

I hope you all die horrific deaths.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Holy farg, I've never agreed with anyone more.  Some of you slow and cold and alone, others of you beset upon by your peers violently, still others just snuffed out like stink bugs.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagles_Legendz

I'm more curious about how Dio managed to find his way into this thread.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 31, 2012, 08:49:10 PM
His fingers did "glance" the rim on the follow through but not enough to really rattle the rim.  Since we're being overly technical here already, I'll say it was a dunk but not a slam dunk.

it has nothing to do with touching the rim in this case...a flush dunk is when you dunk it but dont actually touch the rim...his was not a dunk because the ball left his hand well before the rim and he never got to the rim in the first place...perkins actually did a nice job by bodying him in mid air and stopping his progress...griffin countered amazingly by adjusting to that and getting a ridiculous shot off...but it wasnt a dunk...

griffin needed to go thru or over perkins and finish at the rim for it to have been a dunk...similar to what scottie pippin did to ewing (imo the greatest dunk ever) by going thru him...or vince carter going over that frog in the olympics

reese125

I'm praying this convo does not continue today over this "dunk". The horse is dead.

But if you want to talk dunks, I don't see how there can ever at be any argument whatsoever on the best dunk of all time. Vince Carter jumped over, not through, but over a farging 7 ft man. That's a wrap.

ice grillin you

no way...it was in the olympics which was meaningless...and over a frog...plus carter is a sax playing little bitch who farged tracy mcgradys eye crooked

pippens was at a time when the bulls knicks had a death rivalry...it blew the roof off the stadium as it was at home in game six of a playoff series

then you add in the best parts...how he took a swing at ewing as ewing was falling to the floor....and then walking over ewing as he talked shtein to him...then proceeding over to spike lee and telling him "go the farg home midget"

nothing will ever compare to that imo...i think i ran around house six times after he did that and i never react like that to non philly sports*

*note - my complete and utter hatred of the knicks (espcially those knicks) doesnt exactly temper my opinion on this dunk

SD

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 01, 2012, 07:37:34 AM
no way...it was in the olympics which was meaningless...and over a frog...plus carter is a sax playing little bitch who farged tracy mcgradys eye crooked

pippens was at a time when the bulls knicks had a death rivalry...it blew the roof off the stadium as it was at home in game six of a playoff series

then you add in the best parts...how he took a swing at ewing as ewing was falling to the floor....and then walking over ewing as he talked shtein to him...then proceeding over to spike lee and telling him "go the farg home midget"

nothing will ever compare to that imo...i think i ran around house six times after he did that and i never react like that to non philly sports*

*note - my complete and utter hatred of the knicks (espcially those knicks) doesnt exactly temper my opinion on this dunk

rivalry, who was dunked on and theatrics involved afterwards yes....but Im talking athletically. nothing compares. that was the sickest and best dunk ever attempted and finished--olympics or not.

and any posterization dunk on any Knick player back in those days is means for celebration. i actually wish it was on Oakley or Mason.

ice grillin you

personally i prefer a dunk on someone rather than over them...the frog just stood there like it was a dunk contest...ewing actually went up and tried to block/stop pippen and GOT IT

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 01, 2012, 08:15:31 AM
personally i prefer a dunk on someone rather than over them...the frog just stood there like it was a dunk contest...ewing actually went up and tried to block/stop pippen and GOT IT

I agree with this completely.  Vince's dunk was a sick display of hops but he wasn't contested on the way up.  But when you throw it down right in someone's face, that's the shtein gets people amped up.  When you put it down like Pippen did on Ewing, you've basically emasculated your opponent on the spot. 

phattymatty

dunk or not, blake teabagged and ruined perkins and that makes me happy.