The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Maybe not.

LBJ had a triple double and I don't think anyone noticed.  If I'm not mistaken, he only has 2 total points in the last two 4th quarters. 

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 09, 2011, 08:45:09 PM
Cowherd did a great segment on LBJ this morning that was based on an article by some guy whose name I can't remember.  Anyway, it was basically comparing LBJ to Wilt rather than MJ or Bird or Magic or anyone else.  Sounds crazy, right?  That's what I thought.  Then he went on to talk about how both LBJ and Wilt were so abnormally physically gifted at extremely young ages and that they never had to deal with any real adversity in high school or college and because of that, they never developed the same type of drive, desire or work ethic that the other greats have had. 

It's a reach but at the same time makes you stop and think about it.  Wish I could remember who wrote the article because I'd like to check it out. 

That's a great observation.  James has been a freak since childhood as was Wilt.  MJ was cut from his high school team and was on a mission ever since, Bird's work ethic is legendary and Magic just wanted it.  Would love to read this article.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on June 10, 2011, 02:47:25 AM
Cowherd did a great segment on LBJ this morning that was based on an article by some guy whose name I can't remember.  Anyway, it was basically comparing LBJ to Wilt rather than MJ or Bird or Magic or anyone else.  Sounds crazy, right?  That's what I thought.  Then he went on to talk about how both LBJ and Wilt were so abnormally physically gifted at extremely young ages and that they never had to deal with any real adversity in high school or college and because of that, they never developed the same type of drive, desire or work ethic that the other greats have had.  

It's a reach but at the same time makes you stop and think about it.  Wish I could remember who wrote the article because I'd like to check it out.  

Bird's work ethic is legendary

lol...bird was just as athletic as magic and didnt work any harder....but hes white salt of the earth from indiana so his work ethic is "legendary"

and why cant lebron be a hard worker who just isnt as good as jordan...why do people have to denegrade him or make excuses by saying he doesnt work hard...hes a farging hall of fame player but there are basketball players who are better than him...i guess that isnt a enough tho...we have to psychooveranalyze him by making stuff up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 10, 2011, 07:46:29 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on June 10, 2011, 02:47:25 AM
Cowherd did a great segment on LBJ this morning that was based on an article by some guy whose name I can't remember.  Anyway, it was basically comparing LBJ to Wilt rather than MJ or Bird or Magic or anyone else.  Sounds crazy, right?  That's what I thought.  Then he went on to talk about how both LBJ and Wilt were so abnormally physically gifted at extremely young ages and that they never had to deal with any real adversity in high school or college and because of that, they never developed the same type of drive, desire or work ethic that the other greats have had.  

It's a reach but at the same time makes you stop and think about it.  Wish I could remember who wrote the article because I'd like to check it out.  

Bird's work ethic is legendary

lol...bird was just as athletic as magic and didnt work any harder....but hes white salt of the earth from indiana so his work ethic is "legendary"

and why cant lebron be a hard worker who just isnt as good as jordan...why do people have to denegrade him or make excuses by saying he doesnt work hard...hes a farging hall of fame player but there are basketball players who are better than him...i guess that isnt a enough tho...we have to psychooveranalyze him by making stuff up

^^This is spot on.

White guy who plays a sport well = legendary hard work
Black guy who plays a sport well = Natural athlete

reese125

Its a shame becuse people expect him to be Jordan and he is so far from him it's ridiculous. Their games are completely different-even more-so apparent in these Finals.

Jordan just ate people people up and could create a shot no matter the situation-against the best defenses. Lebron can't do that. All this talk about him being double teamed the whole game is a farse. He has been one on one a ridiculous amount of times and still wont create. If the lane is not completely there for him to explode, forget it. It's his biggest weakness this Finals and it will always be remembered.

I don't understand this pass first mentality he has when your down or even up in the 4th quarter every game. He would rather pass first to friggin Haslem late in the shot clock than try and shoot it himself? What are you doing?

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on June 10, 2011, 09:22:05 AM
Its a shame becuse people expect him to be Jordan and he is so far from him it's ridiculous. Their games are completely different-even more-so apparent in these Finals.

Jordan just ate people people up and could create a shot no matter the situation-against the best defenses. Lebron can't do that. All this talk about him being double teamed the whole game is a farse. He has been one on one a ridiculous amount of times and still wont create. If the lane is not completely there for him to explode, forget it. It's his biggest weakness this Finals and it will always be remembered.

except none of that explains why he was so awesome in the 4th quarter against the celtics and bulls two defensively superior teams to the mavs

the bottom line is very very few players combine being supremely talented with having whatever the hell it is that takes them a notch above
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

So is he McNabb but less corny?

Eagles_Legendz

I have always viewed LeBron as a great player but not a killer.  Kobe and Jordan will gut you just for the fun of it.  I don't think there's a discernible difference between James' production in the 4th compared to the 1st/2nd etc, but the fact that it doesn't always elevate keeps him out of the all-time great conversation for now.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 10, 2011, 10:04:12 AM
I have always viewed LeBron as a great player but not a killer.

This.

reese125

Well apparently they werent that superior if Lebron couldnt penetrate and shoot like he did in those games. He just can't do it against the Mavs and is extremely tentative in doing so. Thats the difference in determining his stud status compared to other greats.  You should be able to do it against any teams if you are preaching multiple titiles. I like the guy a lot and am baffled with the way he's playing. One on one is one on one, why stop doing what you've been doing better than anyone your whole career? All of a sudden Jason Kidd and Jason Terry are the best perimeters defenders kn the league? Cmon. This shtein is all mental with him.  

This was my fear before these Finals started. The Mavs bench and length inside has killed this whole team and it's a shame because I want the heat to win this thing.

Rome

If you let guys like DeShawn Stevenson & Jose Juan Barea beat your ass then you deserve nothing but outright contempt.

reese125

I knocked on Barera mid season when he killed the Sixers, but I realize now the kind of talent he has now. He's extremely shifty with the ball with speed and range. That kind of guy can beat you off the dribble and crush a zone defense.

Stevenson is a different story. There's no excuse for him.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen