The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

So I guess playing on two Olympic teams and one FIBA championship team during his offseasons mean nothing at all. Again, the way he handled the whole thing last offseason was abominable, but you need to stop pulling at straws w this guy because you seemingly have an ax of some sort to grind. 

Hawk

Quote from: DH on May 18, 2011, 04:23:00 PM
So I guess playing on two Olympic teams and one FIBA championship team during his offseasons mean nothing at all. Again, the way he handled the whole thing last offseason was abominable, but you need to stop pulling at straws w this guy because you seemingly have an ax of some sort to grind. 

I have no axe to grind with him.   Supposedly a lot of the younger guys in the league picked up on Kobe's work ethic when they played with him in the Olympics.  But if I had to pick someone to start a team with, I'd be picking Durant over Lebron. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on May 18, 2011, 04:23:00 PM

in high school is when you couldnt admit that people you hate are also great players...its amazing how many adults still do it

also im still waiting to hear what part of dirks game did all the hard work he put in improve....because i dont see a single difference in anything he does now compared to ten years ago...hes always been a guy who is a great shooter especially for and probably mostly because hes a tall guy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I've always thought the name Dirk was funny.  A dirk is a kind of dagger.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

DH

Quote from: Hawk on May 18, 2011, 04:34:10 PM
But if I had to pick someone to start a team with, I'd be picking Durant over Lebron. 

Y'see, now you're just changing your argument. There's a big difference in saying this versus your what you said in your first statement.

I really dont care about Lebron to continue this, so I'll end off with this - STOP HATIN.

reese125

All of a sudden Dirk has a fadeaway?

Hawk clearly has not watched one speck of Dirk until last game to be making horrendous statements like that. He's been banging the one-footed fadeaways for friggin years.

Hawk

Reese you're clueless.

Dirk has always been a great shooter... he's admitted to working on his fadeaway and step back jumper in the past offseasons to make it as unstoppable at it is.  Also, ignoring his direct quotes, you can watch his recent performances, in which it's nearly impossible stop.  He also spent summers on shooting with contact, passing out of double teams, etc.  All facets that make him virtually unguardable right now.

I can't really argue with people who think Lebron James works tirelessly to improve his game.  All the pundits criticize him for his refusal to work on his mid-range game or post-up game.  If you actually watch Lebron, you will see he has made no improvements to either component of his game.  If you watch Dirk or Durant, you see them add to their offensive arsenal every year. 

It's a shame Dirk doesn't dunk more often so you'd guys like him more.

MDS

well at least hes not going down easy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Quote from: MDS on May 18, 2011, 07:47:50 PM
well at least hes not going down easy

Of course not. Dirk's easily one of the most underrated players in the league/history and will go down as one of the all-time greats when all is said and done.  The fact that I came on this board and saw people discrediting his performance last night was all I needed to know.  

ice grillin you

dirk has worked on his game extensively over the last decade all so he could be taking the exact same kinds of shots resulting in the exact same pts per game average as ten years ago

has anyone ever put in that much work for the same results in the history of sports?

pretty impressive

DH

Carlisle was interviewed by Dan Patrick in SI and said dirk is top 10 - all time.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: DH on May 18, 2011, 10:38:15 PM
Carlisle was interviewed by Dan Patrick in SI and said dirk is top 10 - all time.

Had a debate about this a few days ago.  I think he's around 25th.  When you look at his numbers it's almost impossible to keep him out of the top 30, but I have a hard time putting him higher than 25.

ice grillin you

Eagles_Legendz

When you look at all his numbers it's pretty crazy considering he's pretty much still at the top of his game:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nowitdi01.html

23rd in NBA history in total points, 22nd in points per game, 81st in blocks, 20th in defensive rebounds, 15th in career efficiency rating, and for more sabermetric stuff: 17th in win shares.

DH