The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

If the Lakers ever found a legit PG they'd win every championship until Kobe retires.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Sickening on two levels in ATL...

The so-called Knicks "fans" being so loud and drowning out the Hawks fans when chanting MVP for Amare.

The Knicks new "fans" are front running bandwagoners.

And how awful are the Hawks fans to get overrun by some fraudulent iceholes!?

Eagles_Legendz

Sixers are 4.5 behind ATL right?

Any chance they catch them?

Dillen

There's a shot but I wouldn't really care, it'd just mean playing Orlando instead of Miami (if they don't switch spots) which I'm pretty sure none of us would want

DH

atl is the worst major sports city in america
ny has the most bandwagoners in america

what you get is what you saw last night...like i said a few days ago here, i feel bad for the hawks.

DH

and now to capitalize on the bandwagon ny fans, the knicks just announced they will be increasing ticket prices by 49%. 49%!

Diomedes

Wow, that's downright Snyderesque.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

this weekend in the nba

friday nite
sixers 89 celtics 86

saturday nite
bucks 102 sixers 74

sunday nite
celtics 87 bucks 56
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 14, 2011, 10:21:54 AM
this weekend in the nba

friday nite
sixers 89 celtics 86

saturday nite
bucks 102 sixers 74

sunday nite
celtics 87 bucks 56

I can't put too much into what the Sixers did in that game, honestly. It was awful, but the HUGE win, travel and whatnot...whatever. Although, they did pull one of those off vs. the Twolves earlier in the season...
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

K-Love's double double streak ended last night at 53 games. 

ice grillin you

say what you want about espn but their ticker often has some nice elias sports bureau type numbers

tonight it reads javale mcgee had the most blocks (12) in any game in the last ten years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

ESPN's always been good about providing great stats and insight.  Problem is that over the last 15 years their content has gone from sports reporting to tabloid reporting.  Not to mention that they've got 3 channels that they need to fill with content for 72 hours a day.  And that's why we get Rachel Nichols in Miami for the entire offseason telling us was Lebron had for a mid morning snack and Ed Werder was all but a Mississippi resident for the last 3 or 4 NFL offseasons.  Their problem is that they've got too much time to try and fill and there simply isn't enough real sports news in any given day to justify 24 hours of broadcasting, let alone 72.  So they have to reach and dig and make stories out of nothing and sensationalize just like every other media outlet.  And that's how guys like Skip Bayless and Screamin A end up on television. 

reese125

Sgt PSN

DH

dunk of the night? more like dunk of the year...i hopped off my couch slam dunk contest style when i saw that live.