The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

reese125

I dont whats more shocking--the fact that Dio posted more than 2 sentences in the NBA thread, he even watches the NBA-- playoffs or not, or the actual content of that post.

Will the real Dio please stand up.

phattymatty

there are definitely 3-4 in each conference who could win the whole thing without it being a huge shocker.

i don't understand the celtics trade though...as much as i hate perkins now they put more pressure on big baby who is 6-8/6-9 and can't even tap the rim.

i'm a jeff green fan since he was a frosh at georgetown but he's not what they need. also, anyone think him airballing that 3 the other night instead of passing to durant single handedly got him traded?

Sgt PSN

Could be. But I'm thinking it was more to get a big man to compete with LA and the Spurs.

PoopyfaceMcGee

By the way, I think Dio was talking about Tayshaun Prince.

reese125

celtics are really relying on shaq to get healthy here for that playoff run

theres no way thunder wanted to part with guy like greene without having a decent big man come back. that big man is what separates the wins from losses in a halfcourt played playoffs. good move, but it might be too late in the season to gel that offense for this playoff run now that greene is gone. tough points to give up.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on February 25, 2011, 01:39:06 PM

coincidence that they share the same initials?

i think not

Quote from: reese125 on February 25, 2011, 01:46:02 PM

theres no way thunder wanted to part with guy like greene without having a decent big man come back. that big man is what separates the wins from losses in a halfcourt played playoffs. good move, but it might be too late in the season to gel that offense for this playoff run now that greene is gone. tough points to give up.

green sucks....celtics are obviously hoping he plays better this year and maybe next with all those HOF'ers around him but hes weak in general
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

or maybe they're hoping he plays worse.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, it could also be argued that Perkins' bum knee will always come back to reality at inconvenient times.

Sgt PSN

I thought it was Amare who had the bum knees. 

Diomedes

That's the name...I love that guy.

Rip Hamilton (Go Connecticut!) was on that team too.  That was some great basketball.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

[igy]The Pistons were boring with their fundamental offense and team defensive philosophy and only old, white MA types would enjoy watching them play[/igy]

PoopyfaceMcGee

That team took the Sixers to farging school and I thus hate them.

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 25, 2011, 01:47:17 PM

coincidence that they share the same initials?

i think not

Quote from: reese125 on February 25, 2011, 01:46:02 PM

green sucks....celtics are obviously hoping he plays better this year and maybe next with all those HOF'ers around him but hes weak in general

Nah-I dont think he sucks at all. Everyone sucks to you anyway unless they are bonafide superstars right from the gip. Greene fit very well with Durant and Westbrook, and you need that type of player that can shift around positions, score and rebound.

You think it's just that easy to replaceable a consistent 15 pts a game with those 2 players playing opposite you? I don't.

ice grillin you

farging nene averaged 15 pts last year with melo chauncy and top gun jr smith ahead of him

everyone averages 15 in the west...and the open looks green got from being with those two guys helped way more than losing shots to them hurt...green certainly isnt creating his own shot thats for sure

obviously i was hyperbolizing saying he sucks but i dont like him at all hes a dime a dozen player and i highly doubt ok is worried about giving him up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous