The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Other notables:

Lakers keep Sasha Vujacic (3yr $15 million)

Michael Jordans favorite player of all time Kwame Brown signs (2yr $8million) with Pistons

Clippers sign Ricky Davis (2yrs $4.7 million)

Andris Biedrins signed a (6yr $63million) to remain with Warriors

BigEd76

and the Nets are going to lose Nenad Krstic to Russia

reese125

....a little trend the peans are starting this year

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

Artest to the Rockets for Bobby Jackson, 2009 #1 and an unidentified player that might be Donte' Greene (who can't be traded for another 2 weeks)

Rome

McGrady, Artest & Stevie Franchise on the same team?   :-D

Now there's a team I'd pay to watch.

:yay :yay

Dillen

Francis doesn't even play anymore so it doesn't matter. So they are now Alston, McGrady, Scola, Artest, Yao. Damn.

reese125

Luoll Deng on the verge of a 6yr/$70million deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3510232

The Bulls are out of their friggin mind--and somewhere in the city...Iguodala is smiling cheek to cheek

PoopyfaceMcGee

Deng is a little better than Korver.

ice grillin you

but not as good as kareem rush
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125

This guy represents everything thats wrong with the NBA's image

Yao Ming:"Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands," is the Yao comment that got Artest freestyling.

Artest: "I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," said Artest, who will earn $7.4 million next season and be a free agent next summer. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

"If you go back to the brawl, that's a culture issue right there. Somebody was disrespecting me, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed."

MDS

well at leasts he intelligent enough to understand the cultural differences between him, yao and white boys like igy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

artest did grow up in the bridge.....dont get more hardcore than that

my window faces shootouts and drug overdoses...live amongst no roses...only the drama....a nickel plate is my fate....my medicine is the ganja
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Artest:
QuoteCOMMUNITY SERVICE:
Has been an active contributor in his hometown and in the cities of organizations for which he's played, working simultaneously in global regions that require urgent humanitarian aid ... Joined a contingent of representatives from the NBA Players Association and the Feed the Children program on a goodwill mission to Africa in July, distributing more than one million meals to impoverished areas in Nairobi as part of the NBPA's "Feeding One Million" campaign ... Also presented gifts and visited residents at Feed the Children's Abandoned Baby Center in Kawangware (Kenya), which houses orphaned, ill, and neglected youth ... Reunited with the Feed the Children program for a mission to Central America in August, delivering rations and supplies to deprived areas throughout Honduras ... Participated in the Roosevelt Family Empowerment Weekend held in New York City in August, teaching a youth basketball clinic and speaking to kids about the virtues of hard work and community involvement ... Launched a new welfare program in September titled Xcel University, established with the goal of identifying issues facing high-risk students while collaborating with schools and community centers to encourage and reward students who are leading a productive life ... Will be a spokesman in both the PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and Sacramento SPCA Spay & Neuter advertising campaigns, each scheduled to air this fall ... Also slated to sponsor the spay and neutering of pitbulls at the Sacramento chapter of the SPCA during the month of November, personally covering all costs for each pet owner ... Visited "A Place Called Home" in August, a non-profit organization for homeless families in South Central Los Angeles, speaking to kids about the virtues of education and a life void of violence and drugs ... Attended the 2007 Wheelchair Charities, Inc. Basketball Classic in New York City, marking the 11th consecutive year in association with the event, which raises funding to assist paraplegic, quadriplegic, and amputee patients ... Co-hosted the 2006 Wheelchair Charities, Inc. annual celebrity basketball game at Madison Square Garden, an event also attended by Kings teammate Kevin Martin ... Active contributor in the Kings Read to Achieve program, visiting several schools each season to educate children on the benefits of good reading habits ... Joined Kings teammates in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity to construct frameworks for homes that were donated to victims of Hurricane Katrina ... Helped renovate the Washington Neighborhood Center in Sacramento as part of the Cesar Chavez Day of Service last March ... Spent more than 40 hours in the Detroit community in the summer of 2006 speaking to youth groups and other organizations about the importance of family, education, and helping others ... Sponsors basketball tournaments four times a year held at Queensbridge Projects in New York City, an outdoor court in his hometown ... Took part in the Call-A-Pacer program in Indiana.

Not saying it's all a front but....