The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

I dont where you come up with this stuff...not to mention you havent watched one Memphis game in your life

I forgot..his assists are awful for a big man too

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 02, 2008, 12:15:38 AM
gasol is an unbelievable chain smoking eurotrashed Hoyda and one of the bigger non team players around...part of this might be because he has played in memphis and never had any veteran that could put him in his place like kobe or odom can in la but i think its a little early to say that the lakers will make out like bandits in this deal....

Lakers getting rid of Kwame Brown for 9 bags full of shtein=we made out like bandits....so, you do the math.  :)
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

YOU arent on the team...referring to a team as "we" is bad enough in a real sports city like philly...in a place like la where they root for biker shorts more than their sports teams its downright awful

and for the record im not saying it wont turn out to be a better trade for the lakers cause it almost has too...but if you think paul gasol is the kind of player that is going to life a team to the nexdt lkevel then i say let it play out first
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: hbionic on February 02, 2008, 06:11:38 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 02, 2008, 12:15:38 AM
gasol is an unbelievable chain smoking eurotrashed Hoyda and one of the bigger non team players around...part of this might be because he has played in memphis and never had any veteran that could put him in his place like kobe or odom can in la but i think its a little early to say that the lakers will make out like bandits in this deal....

Lakers getting rid of Kwame Brown for 9 bags full of shtein=we made out like bandits....so, you do the math.  :)

I wouldnt say bandits because they still gave up 2 first rounders, but on the flip this might not mount to much if they continue to get in the playoffs for the next 2 more years

I do love the trade, but Im not getting my hopes up just yet on going deep in the playoffs until he shows signs of being truly comfortable in the triangle offense. Theres a handful of teams in the West that can still compete even with Gasol. Yes, he's an All-Star big man, but now he has to adjust to Kobe going foul line to foul line with the ball....where as in Memphis they ran the half court thru Gasol at lengths.

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 02, 2008, 10:12:16 PM
YOU arent on the team...referring to a team as "we" is bad enough in a real sports city like philly...in a place like la where they root for biker shorts more than their sports teams its downright awful

and for the record im not saying it wont turn out to be a better trade for the lakers cause it almost has too...but if you think paul gasol is the kind of player that is going to life a team to the nexdt lkevel then i say let it play out first

farg, I'm tired of hearing all of the WE bullshtein. So the farg what. Everyone here can go farg themselves. I'm just tired of hearing it. I do it, I say it, I type it. WE, WE, WE, MOTHER fargERS!

Second, this whole 'waiting to see if it pans out talk'...that's just straight hating.  I would love to hear IGY say the same shtein if WE land Chad Johnson, Roy Williams or something of that caliber. Of course its something to get excited about...they're farging upgrades! So, when we are able to dump the piece of shtein otherwise known as Kwame Brown and get a farging all-star in return? What is there to wait and farging see? INSTANT fargING UPGRADE!

Real Sports towns win championships by the way. But, that isn't YOU'RE problem because YOU aren't the city of Philadelphia. YOU aren't on the teams you root for, so what the farg does 'real sports town mean'. Don't even bring that to the table...that's a straight PG-ism. 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125

Theres only reason only for this trade. His name is Tim Duncan

Sgt PSN

It's a good trade if the Suns win it all this year.  Anything less makes it worthless because even though Marion is an UFA at the end of the year, Shaq very well may retire at the end of the year.   And even if he does come back next year, you're not going to get the minutes and production from him that you would from Marion. 

Miami got the better end of this deal imo, even if the Suns were to win it all.  Playing along side Wade for the next 3 months may entice Marion to stay in Miami and those 2 would make a pretty formidable pair for the next few years.  And with Miami en route to the #1 pick in the draft, it wouldn't take them very long to get competetive again.   

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 06, 2008, 01:27:14 PM
It's a good trade if the Suns win it all this year.

ya think?

even if they dont it wasnt a bad trade...they took a shot and only gave up a guy they werent going to resign anyway...also a guy that is not a playoff type player

i appreciate what they are trying to do even if it doesnt work...its a high reward low risk deal

hbionic

Shaq-Fu isn't the same threat he used to be. He's still a presence in the middle, but this changes the suns offensive style.

I can't wait for Kobe to dunk on Shaq and send the suns out of the playoffs. This is turning out to be great! :evil

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on February 06, 2008, 01:37:49 PM
Shaq-Fu isn't the same threat he used to be. He's still a presence in the middle, but this changes the suns offensive style.

yep and its precisely why they did it...in the playoffs especially against the spurs but also overall the play slows way down and shaq even at his advanced state will help them more than marion

Sgt PSN

True about them not resigning Marion.  But the Suns are a fast paced team that prefers to get out and run rather than play a half court game.  Shaq won't really allow them to do that.  Granted, when they go up against the likes of the Spurs in the playoffs, they'll need to play a half court game and Shaq will definitely allow them to do that......if he's healthy.  And I guess that's my big problem with the trade.

Even if the Suns limit Shaq's minutes for the rest of the season to keep him "fresh" for the playoffs, he's still not going to give you 25-30 minutes a game so I just don't see him actually being on the floor long enough to really make a difference.  When he's on the floor, the Suns will be forced to play a half court game.  But what happens during the 20 minutes he's on the bench?  The Suns will either have to change gears and try and play their up and down game and beat you in transition or they'll try and play a half court game with no Shaq which we already know they can't do.  And now they'll be doing it without Marion as well.  

To me, it seems like making a change simply for the sake of making a change. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 06, 2008, 01:41:10 PM
To me, it seems like making a change simply for the sake of making a change. 

in a sense thats exactly what they are doing...they tried their fun n gun and they now realize thats not what wins in the playoffs...you have to have that half court game both offensively and defensively ala the pistons and spurs...thats why phoenix is hoping to get to...whether a leopard can change its spots in that short of time and with one move remains to be seen but why not try it...the other way wasnt working

Sgt PSN

I don't disagree with the logic as much as I disagree with the actual trade.  Why not be more aggressive and make the trade for Gasol?  He would have been a great fit since he's a big man who can run the floor.  He would have allowed the Suns to change the tempo of the game while he was still on the floor. 

For the Suns, when Shaq's on the floor, they are a half court offense.  Period.  There's almost no threat of the Suns running the floor while he's out there.  And when Shaq's on the bench, they need to go back to "run n' gun" style of play.  It's like lining up with 5 wide and no rb half the game and then lining up with 3 TE and 2 RB the other half.  And I think that making players like Nash, Stoudamire and Bell change gears during the course of the game will do more harm than good. 

Time will tell.