The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

The Nets are reportedly in discussions with the Mavericks and Blazers in a deal that would send Jason Kidd to Dallas.

Sgt PSN

Kidd with Dallas would be sick.  Didn't he play his first few years with them once upon a time? 

reese125

correct sir. I just looked at his career stats, and I didnt realize how consistent stat wise he has been since he step foot in the league in 94-95. Its ridiculous...and his wife/ex-wife is ugly

PoopyfaceMcGee

phattymatty

reese125

I wonder if she worked out before that shoot?

reese125

Paul Gasol to the Lakers for Kwame Brown G Javaris Crittenton and first-round picks in 2008 and 2010.--love it

Dillen

Lakers are going to be awesome now. Farmer, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Bynum? Top 2-5 in the NBA probably.

phattymatty

yeah very nice move for them.  kwame is trash. in  the lakers game i was at earlier this year he missed two dunks and a layup.

reese125

yeah, this news made my day man. and correct matty...worst pick ever by Jordan

Rome

Holy shtein.  The Grizzlies got ass-raped in that deal.

reese125

they have now dumped Damon Stoudamire--to Spurs, Paul Gasol-to Lakers, and now Stromile Swift--to Nets. Swift to the Nets for Jason Collins..hahaha. I like R. Gay and their PG's though
They must be banking on those coming 1st rd picks

Dillen

Quote from: reese125 on February 01, 2008, 04:26:58 PM
they have now dumped Damon Stoudamire--to Spurs, Paul Gasol-to Lakers, and now Stromile Swift--to Nets. Swift to the Nets for Jason Collins..hahaha. I like R. Gay and their PG's though
I know I'm nitpicking on the 'though' part, but it seemed as if you meant they've lost a lot. Stoudamire hasn't been relevant since his Toronto days, he's garbage now and had no part of Memphis' future. Swift was the 2nd overall pick 6 or 7 years ago and career average is like 8 points and 5 rebounds. He sucks too.

Memphis' bigs are farging terrible now. Darko and Hakim Warrick. They knew they couldn't afford Gasol and are trying to see what they have now. Darko still has the talent and had a great game the other day, 14 points, 16 boards and 5 blocks. Warrick played really well last year when Gasol was injured.

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 01, 2008, 04:22:07 PM
It could have been worse. They knew they couldn't afford Gasol and now they clear up a ton of cap space and basically get 3 first rounders. They also get the rights to Marc Gasol, Pau's brother that was in the draft last year.

I still can't believe the Rockets traded Rudy Gay for Shane Battier. Terrible trade.

reese125

Quote from: Dillen on February 01, 2008, 04:45:41 PM
Quote from: reese125 on February 01, 2008, 04:26:58 PM
I know I'm nitpicking on the 'though' part, but it seemed as if you meant they've lost a lot. Stoudamire hasn't been relevant since his Toronto days, he's garbage now and had no part of Memphis' future. Swift was the 2nd overall pick 6 or 7 years ago and career average is like 8 points and 5 rebounds. He sucks too.

Memphis' bigs are farging terrible now. Darko and Hakim Warrick. They knew they couldn't afford Gasol and are trying to see what they have now. Darko still has the talent and had a great game the other day, 14 points, 16 boards and 5 blocks. Warrick played really well last year when Gasol was injured.

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 01, 2008, 04:22:07 PM
It could have been worse. They knew they couldn't afford Gasol and now they clear up a ton of cap space and basically get 3 first rounders. They also get the rights to Marc Gasol, Pau's brother that was in the draft last year.

I still can't believe the Rockets traded Rudy Gay for Shane Battier. Terrible trade.

completely misread Dill. I was soley pointing to the fact that they are dumping players left and right. The only part of Memphis I like is R. Gay and the guards.

ice grillin you

gasol is an unbelievable chain smoking eurotrashed Hoyda and one of the bigger non team players around...part of this might be because he has played in memphis and never had any veteran that could put him in his place like kobe or odom can in la but i think its a little early to say that the lakers will make out like bandits in this deal....
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous