The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

China still won't let Yi go to Milwaukee

hunt

only a real scumbag would support vick.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-90864sy0jul22,0,4291568.story?track=mostemailedlink

a1 is playing the victim card, as usual...what a loozah!  :boo 
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

cue psycho theme

irony at its finest that iversons biggest stalker would be getting on him about saying how people try and take down rich athletes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i'm sure AI had some cash on some of those fights.

Wingspan

How is there not one post about this league being fixed by a crooked ref? (not that it is a shock to anyone)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

hunt

i only bash a1 because he's rich.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Feva

Quote from: Wingspan on July 24, 2007, 11:01:22 AM
How is there not one post about this league being fixed by a crooked ref? (not that it is a shock to anyone)

You just made one.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Magical_Retard

bill simmons wrote a pretty good piece on the ref scandal. and just like him i doubt many of us are suprised because the officiating in the NBA is just horrible. not even the officials themselves but the whole system of star players being bailed out or how certain refs are chosen for road games or home games during the playoffs depending on which team is the big market team.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

PhillyPhreak54

NBA officiating is by far the worst of all 4 sports.

The whole "I'm a star and I earn calls" schtick is garbage. A foul should be a foul regardless of if the guy is a stud or not.

And that crooked ref is from the area. He lived in West Chester recently.

Stern, after declaring this isolated to one guy, had better hope like hell that FBI investigation doesn't turn up any players or other ref's/coaches because then he'll look like a huge dumbass.

ice grillin you

The on-again, off-again deal with the Boston Celtics acquiring Kevin Garnett apparently is back on.

According to sources, the current deal on the table has the 6-foot-11 Garnett heading to Boston and the Celtics dealing away Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff's hefty expiring contract and Rajon Rondo. There may also be other players and draft picks involved.
It's not quite done, but three industry sources — including one close to the Celtics — told FOXSports.com that it's extremely close and could become official within the next 48 hours.

"It's basically done," one source said. "If it does happen, this will make the Celtics relevant again."

Dillen

"It's basically done," one source said. "If it does happen, this will make the Celtics relevant again."

Relevant for a year or two maybe. Trading away Rondo and Jefferson is absolutely farging stupid.

Rome

It's stupid to get one of the best players in the NBA for Jefferson, Rondo & Theo Huxtable?  Are you high, Dillen?

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on July 30, 2007, 12:29:41 PM
It's stupid to get one of the best players in the NBA for Jefferson, Rondo & Theo Huxtable?  Are you high, Dillen?
In the long term its Stupid.  KG's contract will hurt, plus they are giving up Jefferson who is a good player, and Rondo who has shown flashes
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

if they dont win a title in the next two years which they wont even with garnett then they just set their franchise back about a decade

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2007, 12:42:57 PM
if they dont win a title in the next two years which they wont even with garnett then they just set their franchise back about a decade
Applaud this man
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons