The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

hes playing out of his mind but the whole thing feels cheap that he up and joined the loaded warriors...clearly he does not care
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Horrible playoffs capped off by a zesty finals. I don't know if open looks is a stat they kep but I'm willing to bet GS broke the all time record. This whole season became anti climatic as soon as Durant signed.

PhillyPhreak54

Great scene there with KD and his moms

MDS

Quote from: SD on June 12, 2017, 11:49:05 PM
Horrible playoffs capped off by a zesty finals. I don't know if open looks is a stat they kep but I'm willing to bet GS broke the all time record. This whole season became anti climatic as soon as Durant signed.

i know you dont like basketball but the finals were amazingly entertaining...shouldve gone at least 6.

i dont love gsw having an all star team, and yes the playoffs as whole were bad, but the last few games were hoops at an insane level
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

It's always cringe worthy when owners and execs talk during these presentations

They're all like Howard Dean screeching years ago

Don Ho

^^^^Yes!^^^^

Take the trophy and get the hell out of the way.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: MDS on June 12, 2017, 11:55:49 PM
Quote from: SD on June 12, 2017, 11:49:05 PM

i know you dont like basketball but the finals were amazingly entertaining...shouldve gone at least 6.

i dont love gsw having an all star team, and yes the playoffs as whole were bad, but the last few games were hoops at an insane level

I love basketball dude. And you just backed everything I said minus the last few games were hoops at an amazing level (they weren't even close). What happened was the playoffs were so zesty you actually had a few competitive games in the finals and blew your load.

You might be too young to remember the 80's Sixers/Celts/Lakers/Pistons or even the 90's with the Bulls but today's game doesn't compare on an enjoyability/competitive scale. Yes today's NBA athlete is better than the previous eras but that doesn't make the games any better.

Aside from the Sixers I stopped following the NBA as close as I used to during the 2000 Lakers run. Aside from the series they beat the Sixers, their other championships were 100% given to them by the refs. The sport lost its integrity to me at that point.

QB Eagles

There were table scraps of excitement given to us in the last few games of the Finals, but overall the series was not great. At no point did I think either team could win the series, which kinda limits how great it could be. As the long expected payoff for a boring season and a boring playoffs, it didn't deliver the goods and the storylines going into the Finals drove more conversations than the games themselves. Unworthy successor to 2015 and 2016 in my opinion. The freak Game 4 will be remembered but otherwise 2017 is just in the books as the year the superteam steamrolled the league from the beginning to the end.

ice grillin you

if you didn't enjoy watching that basketball then there's just no way you can like the sport
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Most Points in a 5-Game Series - NBA Finals
2001     Allen Iverson     178
2017     Kevin Durant      176

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2017, 05:35:35 AM
if you didn't enjoy watching that basketball then there's just no way you can like the sport

Maybe if you enjoy blowouts and Durant dunking the ball every 5 seconds. The finals were awful.

ice grillin you

like i said its probably not your thing

also warriors are skipping the white house visit

MDS

Quote from: SD on June 13, 2017, 01:07:45 AM
I love basketball dude.

Aside from the Sixers I stopped following the NBA as close as I used to during the 2000 Lakers run.

sure

3/5 games were super competitive and the game was being played at a ridiculously high level even in the 2 blowouts. 6 superstars were on the floor including the 2 best players and 2 best shooters. is it good for the sport that it takes 6 months to get to that point? no of course not.

but if you watched basketball last night and were bored by it then i dont know what to tell you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger