The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

No wonder why AI's current favorite player is him!

BigEd76

phattymatty

new wizards chocolate starfish, i mean logo.

QB Eagles

Westbrook going off again

chuck_chillout

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 11, 2015, 12:10:59 AM
I root for the spurs more than any other professional non-philly team.  Obviously love Duncan, but I enjoy everything about that team and the number of eulogies in the last decade written too presumptively about them.

Around the time LeBron came back from his injury or maybe about when they got Mozgov... a few a the sports books I checked had the Spurs at 7/1  :o
Madden Football League

ice grillin you

15 minutes until it begins...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

not sure why the best first round series of all time get put at 1030 tonight

PhillyPhreak54

West coast and TV execs

Even though the west coast couldn't care less about sports

ice grillin you

its sunday so the west coast thing is irrelevant....they could have had the first game at noon

PhillyPhreak54

830pm start for San Antonio too.

Texas market.

It's stupid to start games that late. I hate the TV ruling the world. I also hate how long the NBA playoffs take. But damn I can't wait to see that series

ice grillin you

my point is that its a stupid tv decision....east coast runs tv....texas market is getting its share no matter what time it starts....why would you not want the game to start 800 est and get the nba fans in the monster east coast markets

MDS

the short answer is the longer games go, the better the ratings are.....ratings increase the later it gets

the other part of the answer is nobody cares about this series. its not the lakers. it doesnt matter if its going to be a good series, its 2 worthless teams in terms of drawing a tv audience. notice how GSW/NO got the 300 saturday abc spot? thats who they are pushing. the warriors (big market) and davis (budding superstar). not the wrinkle ass spurs and a team less than 1% of LA cares about.

the schedules are complicated....there's arena availability, travel considerations, all that shtein. but point blank the nba wants games later in the day than early.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 19, 2015, 07:55:02 PM
my point is that its a stupid tv decision....east coast runs tv....texas market is getting its share no matter what time it starts....why would you not want the game to start 800 est and get the nba fans in the monster east coast markets

Sports scheduled always screw the east coast. Look at World Series, final four and other start times? They'd rather make the east coaster stay up until well after midnight so the quinoa eating red wine sipping west coast hipsters can get home in time from their jobs at the farmers market

MDS

it has nothing to do with that

they start games at 800/900 because thats the hour with the highest HUT levels. there's no guarantee the game is going to be good. a bad game will result in a mass tuneout. so to hedge their bet, they start the game at the best possible hour to guarantee themselves a decent number for the first 1/3 of the game.

on top of that, what i said about ratings going up as the hour gets later is true. a good game will get people to watch, even if its ending past midnight. so the networks frankly dont give a shtein about you getting sleep for your stupid farging job. just watch tv, buy the products advertised and be a good consumer.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

completely losing the dc balt philly ny and boston markets for no reason is assinine no matter how you spin it