07-08 Philadelphia 76ers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 30, 2007, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Dillen on November 16, 2007, 11:06:57 PM
I put it in "quotes" because so many people think that he's severely overpaid. I can't stand him, but that doesn't make me blind to the fact that he's at least serviceable. The Sixers could be worse off.

I didn't mention Dalembert for that specific reason.  He's not worth the money that he's making but at the same time, I think the Sixers got him for about the same price that he would have recieved on the open market.  The market price is rediculous, not that the Sixers paid it.  And I think that if the Sixers ever decided they wanted to trade him, there are probably a few teams out there who'd be willing to pick up the tab on him. 

Dillen

Very good game. 76ers lose to Wizards 116-101.

Williams 25 points, 10-13 shooting, 4-4 from 3, 2 reb, 4 ast and 3 TO in 30 min.

Young 14 points, 7-10 shooting, 5 reb, 2 stl, 1 blk and only 1 TO in 21 min.

Carney 10 points, 5 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 1 TO in 21 min.

Andre Miller is killing my fantasy team. Going through the motions all year. Luckily I just picked up Lou Will a couple days ago.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

They allowed Andray Blatche to score 26 with 8 rebounds.  Good job, Sammy.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dillen on November 20, 2007, 10:17:57 PM
Very good game.

you couldnt have watched it

i was there and it was one of the worst performances ive ever seen by a team...down 35 in the 3rd quarter to an arenasless bullets team...it was a joke
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

we want them to lose, so it was a very good game

phattymatty

yeah it looked like the wizards were playing a cyo team last night. 

to the wizards credit though, they shot the lights out last night.  3rd quarter shooting was unbelievable.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 21, 2007, 09:48:02 AM
we want them to lose, so it was a very good game

true

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 20, 2007, 10:25:42 PM
Is Sweet Lou for real? 

good question...until he gets more real minutes we wont know...i will say he has an amazing first step...its not iverson quick but he overall his game is eerily reminicient of ai....

mo has to stop giving willie green 30+ minutes a game...he got 38 against the hornets...we know what willie green is....we need to find out exactly what lou williams is

MDS

i only want two things out of this season:

1. for boston to not win the nba title
2. top 5 loto ball percentage for the sixers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1444570.html

Quote"It's the same old thing," Iguodala said. "It's like mass confusion out there on the court. The whole game, we were never really on the same page. They played basic basketball, and we just were awful."

Iguodala pointed to the Sixers' poor spacing on offense, subpar defensive rotations and traps, and said the Sixers "[stink] in practice, too."

"We've got to do something, anything — maybe make a move," Iguodala said. "I don't know. This is getting out of hand. We've got to do something to turn things around. We're not doing a good job as players. Everybody in the organization needs to step up."

QuoteIguodala rolled his eyes when informed that coach Maurice Cheeks said the reserves can't keep "coming in and making up 25 points every night."
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

they really should trade him and andre miller. its obvious he wants out.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Dillen

phattymatty

when i started watching it the sixers were down by around 4.  when i shut it off the lead was over 30.

ice grillin you

iguodala is just salty that he turned down 50+ million with the intention of having a huge year this year and cake off next summer...not knowing how truly awful this team is going to make him look....btw he was the worst player on the floor last night