where do philly sports rank in your life...

Started by ice grillin you, March 02, 2006, 10:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 03, 2006, 07:36:03 AM
I think many people who are posting 9/10 are either exaggerators or liars.  I was certainly in that range when I was still unmarried, like when the Eagles lost to the Rams in the NFC Championship game and I went to bed immediately... at 7:30 pm... because I was too depressed to try to function.

But I simply have too much shtein to do to allow myself to stop functioning when the Eagles take it up the pooper anymore.  Internally, I'm really pissed, but I at least have learned to function somewhat.

Plus, if you're above 7 on any of the other Philly teams, I really pity you.

I have a part of the plaster wall in our hallway that had to be repaired after the Carolina playoff game.

But, generally I agree with you.  That's why I said seven.  During the game, I can be dangerous to be around.  But within an hour or so after the game, I calm down.  Unless my students try to talk smack the next day.  Lots of detentions!  >:D

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on March 03, 2006, 08:06:21 AM
Way to take a stupid thread topic way too literally. Of course some of the same thoughts went through my head when I was replying, but at least I didn't voice them like a little girl.

You wouldn't want to expose your real opinions.  You might get criticized!

Magical_Retard

eagles=8
sixers=7
flyers, phillies, and whatever else=4
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Phanatic

Eagles - 8
Flyers - 5 (was higher before the strike)
Phillies - 3 (They make it hard to care)
Sixers - 1 (Basketball should be so much better then it is for so many reasons, I used to care a lot more)
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

rjs246

QuoteYou wouldn't want to expose your real opinions.  You might get criticized!

Good point. I'm always shying away from criticism. Never putting myself out there by expressing an opinion. Sad really.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

T_Section224

eagles = 8
flyers = 6
phillies = 2.5
sixers = joke
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Father Demon

Eagles - 8
Blues - 7
Flyers - 4
StL Cardinals - 3
St. Charles River Otters - 2

Rams - 6, but in completely the opposite way.  I am totally bummed when they win and make good off-season moves, and real giddy when they lose or pick up somebody like Claiborne in Free Agency.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

I have a part of the plaster wall in our hallway that had to be repaired after the Carolina playoff game

chris webber caused me to obliterate a remote control this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Father Demon

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 05, 2006, 08:09:19 AM
I have a part of the plaster wall in our hallway that had to be repaired after the Carolina playoff game

chris webber caused me to obliterate a remote control this year

That's only like 10% as manly as putting a hole in your wall.

Just sayin'....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

That's only like 10% as manly as putting a hole in your wall.

Just sayin'....

true

but it was only a regular season basketball game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

Eagles - 7.5   (can be higher at times, usually unannounced changes keep people on edge abput messing with me)
Flyers - 6.5    (Moving up all the time since my daughter loves playing hockey now)
Temple (B-Ball) - 6  ( also moving up, I've never been so pissed at wtching abasketball game then I was at the duke game)
Phillies - 5   (only during the season)
Sixers - 5     (Iverson has caused at least 3 remotes to meet their maker)
Phantoms - 3  (they beat the Wolves this past year!)
Soul 1

MadMarchHare

Quote from: phillymic2000 on March 06, 2006, 12:21:02 PM
Eagles - 7.5   (can be higher at times, usually unannounced changes keep people on edge abput messing with me)
Flyers - 6.5    (Moving up all the time since my daughter loves playing hockey now)
Temple (B-Ball) - 6  ( also moving up, I've never been so pissed at wtching abasketball game then I was at the duke game)
Phillies - 5   (only during the season)
Sixers - 5     (Iverson has caused at least 3 remotes to meet their maker)
Phantoms - 3  (they beat the Wolves this past year!)
Soul 1

Not even Fordham??!! :-D
Anyone but Reid.

MDS

oh man at least he didnt go to that pathetic display.

still, were winnin 4 in 4 and takin the a10.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

birds - 10 no doubt about it.  ask the wife.

Phils - 8

Sixers - 6 should be higher

Flyers - 5 hey, I live in Hawaii.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.