What I want from a competitor

Started by MadMarchHare, February 23, 2006, 08:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMarchHare

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2340199

GOLF STORY, I know, but this is why I love Tiger.  His opponent makes some snide comment while warming up on the practice tee.  Tiger hears it, and wins the first 9 holes, winning the round after 10 holes.

I especially like his interview after he finishes, terse and to the point.  No one fargs with Tiger.  He's the Chuck Norris of golf.
Anyone but Reid.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Trash talking in golf = trash talking in bass fishing. Funny to listen to.

SunMo

what was the comment that the dude made?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

He said something about Tiger's drives not being on the mark.

Rome

Nothing like poking a sleeping Tiger with a stick.

Get it?  Poking a sleeping Tiger?

:-D

I crack myself up.   ::)

MadMarchHare

What's even funnier is at the bottom of the article.  Vijay's caddie wore a hat with "Tiger who" printed on the back.  Not only did Tiger beat Vijay in match-play, he refused to concede any putt for the entire round. :-D
Anyone but Reid.

SunMo

wow....i'm fired up just reading that
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

Quote from: MadMarchHare on February 23, 2006, 08:53:55 AMNot only did Tiger beat Vijay in match-play, he refused to concede any putt for the entire round.

I take it this is some kind of golf etiquette bitchslap that only golfers would understand?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

bitch ass couldnt beat the flu last week...not impressed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on February 23, 2006, 08:58:56 AM
Quote from: MadMarchHare on February 23, 2006, 08:53:55 AMNot only did Tiger beat Vijay in match-play, he refused to concede any putt for the entire round.

I take it this is some kind of golf etiquette bitchslap that only golfers would understand?

If your competitor has a two-inch tap-in to halve (meaning "tie") the hole, you concede it.

I love what Tiger brings to the table.  He's a cocky, arrogant motherfarger but his skills and grit are beyond anything the PGA Tour has ever seen.  Remember, there's 127 other guys out there looking to beat him.  They're not looking to win the tournament necessarily.  They're often looking to beat Tiger, yet nearly always, they fail miserably.

You gotta love that.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Go John Daly!

A fat, beer swilling lout is always a guy you root for.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 23, 2006, 09:05:49 AM
A fat, beer swilling lout is always a guy you root for.

That's not nice.  I've lost a lot of weight since you last saw me, bro.

:'(

MadMarchHare

While I'm inclined to agree with you RJS, Tiger's different.
I play golf (poorly), and I know a lot about hitting out of the rough.  They call it a "fairway wood" for a reason - most people wouldn't hit it out of 3-4" high grass.  Tiger does, though, and usually within a short putt for birdie/par.  He's just ridiculous when he's on.
Anyone but Reid.