Chicago White Sox are the best

Started by henchmanUK, May 26, 2005, 06:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PoopyfaceMcGee

henchmanUK

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 26, 2005, 08:12:30 AM
So?

Just saying. :) Seriously, I am a baseball pessimist, but I like this year's Sox. Garland, Buerhle and Garcia are a pretty good 1-2-3. El Duque not bad too, plus Dustin Hermanson makes Eric Gagne look like Roberto Hernandez. I also like the fact the Cubbies are shteining themselves that we might actually do something in the playoffs this season.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: henchmanUK on May 26, 2005, 08:34:45 AM
Dustin Hermanson makes Eric Gagne look like Roberto Hernandez

That won't last.  You can take that little nugget to the bank.

RomeyRome

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 26, 2005, 08:12:30 AM
So?

plus Dustin Hermanson makes Eric Gagne look like Roberto Hernandez.

:-D :-D  The guy just became the main closer a couple weeks ago, let's see him keep this going over an entire year, let alone have the best 3 year strech in league history as a closer.
Hermanson did the same thing last season for the Giants.  He became the main closer and did great for a while, then he came down to earth and just flat out sucked down the stretch.

So keep the Gagne comparisons (especially claiming he is better than Gagne) to yourself until the guy does it for more than a month or 2.  :P

Sgt PSN

NB, have you gotten a due date yet? 

RomeyRome

Quote from: SSgt PSN on May 26, 2005, 04:04:04 PM
NB, have you gotten a due date yet? 

I will not bite, but I'm sure you'll deliver the rest anyways.

Sgt PSN

:-D  I was just wondering when you're expecting to have Gagne's man-babies. 

RomeyRome

my water broke about 10 minutes ago, atleast I think that's what happened

Butchers Bill

Just saying. :) Seriously, I am a baseball pessimist, but I like this year's Sox.

Bah...you're still pissed we stole the game of cricket, called it baseball, and made it a better sport!   ;)
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

hbionic

Henchman...prepare for landing...the Whitesox will come down to earth. As soon as I posted that the Dodgers really didn't have any competition in the National League....we turned into the Phillies. So....careful what you say.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

henchmanUK

Quote from: hbionic on May 27, 2005, 04:29:19 PM
Henchman...prepare for landing...the Whitesox will come down to earth. As soon as I posted that the Dodgers really didn't have any competition in the National League....we turned into the Phillies. So....careful what you say.

:-D True. Garland got roughed up yesterday, now on a three-game skid. Big Hurt back today though. We need him!

henchmanUK

Quote from: Joel1972 on May 27, 2005, 11:52:48 AM
Just saying. :) Seriously, I am a baseball pessimist, but I like this year's Sox.

Bah...you're still pissed we stole the game of cricket, called it baseball, and made it a better sport!   ;)

Very true. I hate cricket.  :) I still like soccer though, especially when England's second-string beat the USA! ;)

PhillyPhreak54

Nice to see Big Hurt back...

Good job by Damason Marte today. :D

henchmanUK