Pennington might be done for season

Started by WEST is GOD, September 26, 2005, 08:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Quote from: Zanshin on September 27, 2005, 09:59:23 AM
Quote from: Larry on September 27, 2005, 09:54:14 AM
I think AJ Feeley would be a good fit for the Jets since he already knows the offense, and he can throw the killer INT just as well as Jay Fiedler.

How does Feeley know the offense?  He never played for Heimerdinger.

The Jets are still running the same dink-n-dunk WCO offense with Heimerdinger as they did with Hackett.
More Mahe please.

Larry

More Mahe please.

rjs246

I love it when players get recycled over and over and won't just die the quiet meaningless death that they should.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

I was talking about them getting Vinny yesterday.  Except I was joking.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Pennington had little arm strength to begin with.  I think it's time for the Jets to be thinking long-term at QB.

PhillyPhanInDC

I still think they'll get another QB in via a trade. Testaverde is short-term fix. While he won't blow anyone out, he'll probably make less mistakes than Bollinger. And he does have better weapons than the last time he played. They'll still lose, but lose by less of a point gap.  :-D
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MadMarchHare

Quote from: rjs246 on September 27, 2005, 10:49:27 AM
I love it when players get recycled over and over and won't just die the quiet meaningless death that they should.

Yeah, well, instead of dying a quiet, meaningless death, he's making at least 5 times my annual salary with absolutely no expectations.
There are harder ways of making a living.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

I think Pennington is shot.  I think his career, such as it was, is over.  I think big thoughts.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Diomedes on September 27, 2005, 03:25:13 PM
I think Pennington is shot.  I think his career, such as it was, is over.  I think big thoughts.

I think he may be done as a starter, but could probably come back somewhere as a backup if his pride doesn't get in the way. I'm pretty sure he's done with the Jets, and who else would want him in a starting capacity in the future?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Wingspan

he'll be a cardinal next year most likely
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

WEST is GOD

I don't know if he's done with the Jets. He signed a big contract recently, and if the Jets let him go they look like idiots. I think the bigger question here is whether or not pride will get in the Jets management's way.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhanInDC

I think by the end of this year, the Jets may be in the Leinart (sp?) sweepstakes.

WEST is GOD

Leinart is probably going #1 overall. #5 overall at the latest. I don't think they'll be that bad.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

rjs246

Quote from: Avenger on September 27, 2005, 04:03:38 PM
Leinart is probably going #1 overall. #5 overall at the latest. I don't think they'll be that bad.

No way dude. Michael Robinson is going to be the surprise number one pick this year. Book it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhanInDC

If you look at the Jets' schedule, it would be pretty damn difficult with a healthy Pennington. It's really going to be tough for them without. I'm not going to write it all out, but if you want, you can take a look here:
http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/