2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

I don't know if that ball was going foul. Even Mitch Williams said he didn't think it would in those field conditions with no spin on the ball that was hit.

Regardless...that game was karma. After that BULLshtein call in the 7th, they deserved to win that game. I can't wait to hear MLB's officiating defend that pile of crap at first base's call.

Come on Fat boy Blanton...lets see a big game today
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Jesus Christ.  Settle down, PG.  They're lucky as hell right now.  They're literally like 2-100 with RISP right now and have committed more botched plays in the field than any team, much less one in the World Series, has a right to make.

The only thing that's kept this team in this series is the good to great pitching they've gotten.  They have to start hitting the goddamn ball in timely situations, because you know damn right well Tampa will eventually.

PhillyGirl

Rome, I'm talking about the whole season.

By saying this team lacks the fundamentals is shteinting all over their season. Its been a rough 3 games with RISP, but that wasn't the case all. season. long...or they'd never be up 2-1 in the World farging Series.

Get my point?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

BTW, you telling anyone to "settle down" is comical....with your 'season's over' and absolute ridiculous in-game posts so far in the playoffs. LOL

Rome

Do you honestly not understand that when I post "season's over, time to move on" it's the complete opposite of the intended meaning?

And me telling you to calm down was in reference to calling LBI an idiot simply because he was freaking out last night.  We were all freaking out and when that happens we post stupid outlandish shtein and sometimes it's even shtein we don't mean.

Got that?

PhillyPhreak54

Simmer down!!

Yes, the Phillies lack fundamentals. Well, I shouldn't say lack....more so they are retarded in their fundamentals and not as good as 99% of the league.

LBIggle

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 26, 2008, 08:46:42 AM
Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on October 26, 2008, 01:24:17 AM
thats fundamentals.. they dont have those.

They're in the World Series.

But they don't have fundamentals.

Shut up idiot.

obviously being in MLB and in the series you have the fundamentals of baseball down. but you can't say they aren't heart attack inducing with some of their antics.  they sure didn't get here solely on being able to move a runner over.. holding a runner on second.. not get picked off on second.. or even knowing when not to throw the farging baseball.  their pitching and being able to knock the shtein out of the baseball did.  luckily, the rays gave it right back at the end of the game.  call me whatever the hell you want.. most of the time you dont get away with that shtein in the world series.

Wingspan

Last night was the single greatest sporting event I had ever witnessed. Being there was just unreal. Got there at 5pm...didnt leave until almost 10 hours later. Awesome crowd everywhere you went.

I'll be at game 5 too...this ends on monday.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Phanatic

Man I've been on so many highs and lows watching this series.

My liver hopes it's over  by Monday!
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

BigEd76

Moyer pitched with a severe stomach virus

Quote"It was so bad I had to change the sheets twice," Karen said. "He ruined two pillows. Our comforter is at the cleaners right now.

and how about this quote from his 15-yr old son, Hutton:

Quote"Know how the bloody sock went to the Hall of Fame? Our toilet seat should go to the Hall of Fame."

ha

I bet landing on his stomach during that diving stop felt real good

Geowhizzer

That virus may have been gold for Moyer.  Less nervous energy, having to concentrate more.  Perfect for his style of pitching.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 26, 2008, 01:01:23 PM
Moyer pitched with a severe stomach virus

Quote"It was so bad I had to change the sheets twice," Karen said. "He ruined two pillows. Our comforter is at the cleaners right now.

and how about this quote from his 15-yr old son, Hutton:

Quote"Know how the bloody sock went to the Hall of Fame? Our toilet seat should go to the Hall of Fame."

ha

I bet landing on his stomach during that diving stop felt real good

Moyer's Mud Butt = fantasy team name.

WHo'd he name his kid after, Tommy Hutton?!

I am so farging pumped for tonight. I'm insanely jealous of those lucky souls who got to do both WS games and the Eagles game today.

I'd give MDS' testicle to be there.

BigEd76

Jim Thome made a surprise appearance today

Patti LaBelle sings the national anthem tonight

Maddon said in his pregame conference today that his grandchildren were pelted with mustard packets last night. ha

Stairs is the only Phillie that has faced Sonnanstine and he has a HR off him

Cliff Floyd injured his shoulder in game 2 and has been dropped from the roster, replaced by Eric Hinske

win this one with Cole going tomorrow night...oh man

PhillyPhreak54