2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

LBIggle

i'm hallucinating as well. mainly because of the heart attack and stroke i just had.

QB Eagles

Rome

BigEd76

Leslie says Tim McGraw reached into his pocket and spread Tug's ashes on the mound before the game  :-\

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Boys, I don't know what to say. I'm a happy man right now. A happy man.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

MDS

Joe Buck is horrible. Just horrible. I used to able to stand him, but he farging brutal. Him and McCarver need to go NOW.

I was at my buddies house and he had DirecTV and the thing crapped out about 3 or 4 times. Man I know Comcast is awful but damn, that would never happen to them with these stupid farging dishes.

It's something about sports to make you hug people you don't know...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

QuotePhils fans to miss big homers due to cable outage

The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA - Some Phillies fans in the Philadelphia metro area missed back-to-back home runs by Chase Utley and Ryan Howard in Game 3 of the World Series on Saturday night due to a cable outage.

Comcast customers reported the loss of picture and sound, and the cable company blamed the outage in the Philadelphia area, parts of central Pennsylvania and South Jersey on an equipment failure.

The failure affected most standard definition channels, including the World Series on Fox, said Beth Bacha, vice president of communications for Comcast Cable East Division.

The outage started just before Utley and Howard pushed the Phillies lead to 4-1 with consecutive homers in the sixth inning of the rain-delayed game.

"We sincerely apologize to our customers," Bacha said. "We realize how many of them were watching the Phillies game."

Bacha said the outage was detected almost immediately and it took 15 to 25 minutes to get the channels fully restored.

Ironically those of us outside the Philly market had no problem getting the game. Good job, Comcrap. They must have hired some people from TBS.

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 26, 2008, 02:58:58 AM
Ironically those of us outside the Philly market had no problem getting the game. Good job, Comcrap. They must have hired some people from TBS.

Craig Sagar?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

My daughter decided it's time to wake up.   I don't even know what day it is, but I have a hangover and an erection.

QuoteWith Bruntlett on third, the Rays issued two intentional walks and brought in right fielder Ben Zobrist for a five-man infield.

"It looked like they were about to blitz," Howard said.

Ha.  Ruck the Fays.

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 25, 2008, 10:44:37 PM
RUIZ FOR WORLD SERIES MVP

He's in the lead right now, for sure.

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 26, 2008, 02:08:24 AM
Leslie says Tim McGraw reached into his pocket and spread Tug's ashes on the mound before the game  :-\

That explains why Garza took so long to settle in.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on October 26, 2008, 01:24:17 AM
thats fundamentals.. they dont have those.

They're in the World Series.

But they don't have fundamentals.

Shut up idiot.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen