2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 19, 2008, 07:14:11 PM
And they have a chance to tie it on a slam but Howard just misses crushing a fastball, then K's on a fastball down the middle because he was looking for a off-speed pitch and couldn't catch up to 96.

Burrell grounds out weakly; ballgame.

Let's go Reds.

The Reds say, "You're welcome."

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

thank god king doesnt give up a lot of baserunners cause hes luuuuuuuvs giving up home runs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

When's the last time after the All-Star break that three of the top four home run hitters in the Majors have been on the same team? Not a trivia question, I'm legitimately asking.

Rome

Blacked out again today.

I seriously hope Bud Selig contracts a horribly disfiguring terminal disease.  And soon.

ice grillin you

only three batters so far have seen more than three pitches from king...pretty sick

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I think I've seen him pitch twice this year.  Every time he's scheduled something comes up or the game gets blacked out.  It's really weird.  I couldn't go out to a bar in this condition anyway, but still, why am I paying all this money to MLB if I can't watch the games I want?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on July 20, 2008, 02:44:17 PM
I think I've seen him pitch twice this year.  Every time he's scheduled something comes up or the game gets blacked out.  It's really weird.  I couldn't go out to a bar in this condition anyway, but still, why am I paying all this money to MLB if I can't watch the games I want?

Rome, I have it on SunSports.  If you have DirectTV, it's on channel 632.

ice grillin you

oh yeah its a free preview on the extra innings package this week

Rome

I have Bright House cable and it's blacked out.  Trust me.

MDS

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on July 20, 2008, 03:05:55 PM
I have Bright House cable and it's blacked out.  Trust me.

Sucks to be you.

On the bright side, you didn't just see the Marlins tie the game in the 8th on a Ross home run.

The Phils blew so many chances today, and it's going to bite them in the hindquarters.

ice grillin you

king is done....he needs to do something about his gopher ball propensity...wont win today and they dont have him vs the mets while ny goes with the top of their rotation this week

on the bright side i like the beard....makes him look like less of a so cal douchebag

MDS

a guy hit a high outside fastball 390 feet the other way. sometimes you just got to give it up.