2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

yeah, we need to get rid of all those quality starts, they suck
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Myers is a problem.

The offense is wildly erratic and that is also a problem.

Eaton as a #5 starter is not a problem.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

From what I gather via the gamecast and Phils MB...

Howard butchered another ball. The 8th almost fell apart and it looks like they have had some decent offense tonight.

Lidge better come in and nail it down.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 28, 2008, 10:45:04 PM
From what I gather via the gamecast and Phils MB...

Howard butchered another ball. The 8th almost fell apart and it looks like they have had some decent offense tonight.

Lidge better come in and nail it down.

Not sure if "nailed down" is the proper term, but he did get through the inning and notch the save.  The strikeouts of Hamilton and Bradley were clutch, though.

Only saw the 9th inning tonight.  What happened?

PhillyPhreak54

No clue, man.

I listened to a little on the radio on the way home and followed the rest on the gamecenter.

They have to get it going. With ATL and NYM this week, now is the time to shake this funk. Interleague is done, now lets bury these homo's in the east.

MDS

hey they won a game kids, be happy

what they need is for howard, burrell and rollins to get their shtein in order.

choke has on sub .300 obp this month and ops is barely above .700.
burrell has been hitting like shtein, but is still getting on base a lot and is ops is around .900. so he just needs to get more extra base hits i suppose.
rollins is probably still hurting a bit but he needs to get on base more. wow. great analysis.

myers will probably have his spot in the rotation skipped this week.

and please let the little ms sunshine and lollipops phillygirl eaton hate patrol continue. hes only had 4 non-quality starts this season and that is just unacceptable for a 5 starter. he sucks. burn him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

If they skip Myers, do they push King up to Thursday? He has to pitch the Mets series, doesn't he?

Do they bring someone up? And who gets sent out for that to happen? Or do they start Durbin and let him go 3, then bring in Condrey for 3 and see what happens?

MDS

They just pitched Durbin today in the 8th, a normal spot for Gordon. Not sure if he was unavailable or if Cholly has taken the role away from him. Either way, it appears that Durbin is staying in the bullpen.

I'd shut Myers down until after the all-star break and call up another bullpen arm. If you push everyone up a day with the off day, yes Cole misses the Mets series, but then you are talking about scrapping your way through 2 starts with Madson firing out 50 pitches or something to begin the game. It might work and it could definitely do Myers some good to take a few weeks off and basically begin a brand new season after the break.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Did Durbin look shaky? Well...since I didnt see it but I guess the error (ruled as a hit) for Howard and Coste's CI had something to do with it.

I am all for letting Myers chill. I think he has dead-arm and its stemming from the injury last year plus throwing a lot of a reliever. He needs to be sat down for a bit.

If they do DL him; does Happ come up? Do they pull the trigger on Carrasco? Benson is not ready yet. Even if he goes out and throws well today in Lehigh he is not ML ready.

But knowing the Phillies they will bring him up and he'll get pimped.

ice grillin you

i too am waiting for him to implode at any time but eaton has six QS's in his last seven games...pg reverse curse FTW

and the reason youre seeing these kinds of responses pg is because they have not just been in a "skid" but they have been beyond bad in it...secondly it shows that they are nowhere near being a world series winning type team...no one cares anymore that they are better than florida or atlanta or the mess...and its not "huge" that they are...they should be better than those teams...we all wanna see a team that we believe can win a playoff game and then a ring
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the good part is no one in the nl appears to be that good. the best team, so far, is the cubs. and me thinks they'll find a way to choke like they always do. so even if the phillies dont have a world series worthy team, they can still actually make it, and like the cardinals a few years ago, perhaps get hot at the right time.