2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 17, 2008, 08:18:54 PM
Try listening to NESN.

Comcast is literally frozen and has been for the past 20 minutes.  They are hoping I will eventually cave and buy a trip on the Phillies Phantastic Voyage, but I'm holding steadfast in my refusal.

SunMo

do you have digital cable?

try unplugging your box and letting it sit for a minute and plugging it back in.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

LBIggle

howard blown away.  burrell caught looking.  werths slow. your not missing much.  still 2-0.

Geowhizzer

Moyer hung in there after giving up 2 runs (home run to Coco Crisp...  :-D).

Unfortunately, the offense cannot seem to touch Lester.

LBIggle

are they ever going to throw somebody out stealing.

LBIggle

and of course it bites them in the ass.  slow farging burrell piece of shtein.

MDS

manuel lets ruiz hit for himself in the 7th with 2 on and 2 out. ruiz really is useless.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

but really, charlie rules as a gametime manager...he's the best

between comcast's constant blowing of Boston, and the pathetic display of the lineup, this game is one of the worst in recent memory

Eagles_Legendz

Wheels thinks Lester is dreamy.  Who would have guessed.

Thanks for the tip, btw, Sun. 

It's working now . . . unfortunately.

LBIggle

and then casey steals his first bag since halfway through last year against barajas jr.

MDS

it would help if the phillies had a better rh pinch hitting option that wasnt a catcher. werth is gonna play against rhp, so when that happens, the two key guys off the bench are ge off and dobbsy, both of whom are left handed.

a manager like manuel, who is conventional and plays by the book, isnt gonna consistently pinch hit coste and isnt gonna waste his catcher for someone zesty like so taguchi or eric bruntlett. basically it would help the phillies added another rh bat of the bench that wasnt a catcher and was solely a bench player, not a platoon player like werth.

or if manuel got off the soapbox and stop playing by this absurd notion that you need to save the catcher. the odds of a catcher getting knocked out of the game for an injury are so slim. its such a ridiculous thing to do, saving coste just in case something might happen. farg.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

but he's using him the very next inning with nobody on for the pitcher, so you're theory is out the window

MDS

yea that was just retarded. now you cant ph for ruiz in the 9th (lets say theres a rally) unless they double switch.

all of this probably doesnt matter because they arent winning this game, but manuel is just stupid.

SunMo

that's why i said what i said, coste was on-deck for the pitcher in the 7th...so i knew he was going to use him.  if you're ok with using him, then farging use him for ruiz and let bruntlett lead off the 8th