2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

And this is Jimmy having missed significant time already and not hitting like he's capable of and Howard being feast or famine.  If these two guys start hitting, this team (even if the pitching remained as it's been so far) would be damn hard to beat. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Other than the fact that Eaton could use a face full of AIDS, today was an excellent win for this team.  Sweeping a team that was far and away the best home team in the Majors is a great accomplishment.  Of course, I fully expect them to get swept the next two series, but still, awesome effort today, especially Shaney.

ice grillin you

what did eaton do today?

romey il be down in palm coast in a few weeks.....oyster house for one of the mets phils game?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 08, 2008, 08:05:29 PM
what did eaton do today?

romey il be down in palm coast in a few weeks.....oyster house for one of the mets phils game?

The worst thing he did was give up a double to Whiner Escobar and a bomb to Mark Teixeira in the first AFTER getting the first two batters.

After that, he fought his way through the sixth, giving up just one more run, though he was in trouble just about every inning.

Geowhizzer

Romey, you hitting one of the Marlins games?  I'm thinking about hitting one of them.

ice grillin you

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 08, 2008, 08:05:29 PM
what did eaton do today?

In.

And Eaton - he didn't actually pitch bad at all.  I'm just drunk and irascible.  And he annoyed me because he was up 2-0 after one then the Phils went to 3-2 and he gave up a third run to the Braves to make it 3-3.

Rome

BTW: Texeira made a spectacular friggen catch in the first that saved at least two runs.  The he came up to bat in the bottom of the first and ripped a two run dinger.  He's amazing.

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on June 08, 2008, 08:27:45 PM
BTW: Texeira made a spectacular friggen catch in the first that saved at least two runs.  The he came up to bat in the bottom of the first and ripped a two run dinger.  He's amazing.

And a FA after this season.  :paranoid

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 08, 2008, 08:35:43 PM
dont have another

Agreed.  The next step is talk of his rippling muscles gyrating and glistening in Romey's favorite fantasy.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 08, 2008, 08:36:36 PM
Quote from: Rome on June 08, 2008, 08:27:45 PM

And a FA after this season.  :paranoid

I heard the commentators talking about that today.  I love me some Howard but I would take Tiexeira in a heartbeat.  The Phils could probably get good return on Howard if they traded him to the AL. 

Of couse, there's almost no way Monty and his boys ante up the cash to sign him. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 08, 2008, 09:10:39 PM
I love me some Howard but I would take Tiexeira in a heartbeat.  The Phils could probably get good return on Howard if they traded him to the AL.