2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

I don't even know who that is supposed to be. Or maybe I do but don't want to think about it.

BigEd76

while thinking about that, check out the Phils losing to the piece of ish Giants again

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

phils win 6-5 in the bottom of the ninth.  jenkins hit a slow roller and the giants second baseman butchered it.  choke dawg scored from second, amazingly enough.

BigEd76

Quote from: SunMo on May 04, 2008, 04:47:12 PM
you should stop talking about sports

where did I say they lost?  I'm not wrong [/igy]

Don Ho

That Hamels Mcfarlane piece looks almost as bad as that last hit that won the game for the phils.  I should talk as my chokedawg Mcfarlane piece is starring down at me from my desk.  
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Good job by Ruiz to tie it in the 8th. It's about time he did something. I was hoping they'd bean the cat that ran him over, but the HR was enough payback.

Jenkins is horrible. What pisses me off about him is every time he hits a fly ball he watches it like he just crushed one.

WTF was up with Rich Aurilia owning King today?

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 04, 2008, 02:42:22 PM
stop acting like this is new....theres a reason i gave him that moniker over a year ago

he doesnt need to go to 7th or hit behind dobbs...he needs to come out of this and hopefully along with his 200 plus k's you can get 35 homers out of him...let him play out the rest of his arbitration years and then let him go bye bye

are you retard? you cant have a .150 hitter stinkin up the middle of the order. keep him in the lineup, but he seriously cannot be trusted to be in the middle of the order. even feliz is a better option, though choke dog did at least get on base a few times today.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 04, 2008, 06:17:24 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 04, 2008, 02:42:22 PM
stop acting like this is new....theres a reason i gave him that moniker over a year ago

he doesnt need to go to 7th or hit behind dobbs...he needs to come out of this and hopefully along with his 200 plus k's you can get 35 homers out of him...let him play out the rest of his arbitration years and then let him go bye bye

are you retard? you cant have a .150 hitter stinkin up the middle of the order. keep him in the lineup, but he seriously cannot be trusted to be in the middle of the order. even feliz is a better option, though choke dog did at least get on base a few times today.

Howard
Feliz/Jenkins
Ruiz
Bruntlett
Pitcher

That scares no one. After getting by Burrell at 4 you have to wait for two innings to get the top back up to the plate again. Do not move the line-up around.

Rome

moving howard is a colossally stupid idea.  leave him where he is.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

it is retard to have that k machine batting 4th over having someone has mediocre as dobbs or jenkins 5. you guys are getting really silly with this paranoia of not moving the lineup around. if choke dog is still hitting like this when jrol comes back, there is no justifiable reason anyone can give to keep him in the middle of the order.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

jenskins got way too excited for hitting a ball he should have grounded out on
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

ha.  give the guy a break, igy.

it's not as if he had a whole lot of experiences like that playing in beerwaukee for 10 years.