Phillies season 11

Started by MURP, October 01, 2005, 10:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 01, 2005, 10:42:05 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on October 01, 2005, 10:40:58 PM
I just heard Burrell took strike three looking - again - with the bases loaded and no outs in the first.  :boom Howard comes up and hits a three run double.  What ever happens from here on in Burrell must go.

Burrell leads the team in RBIs.  ::)

and strikeouts

by a mile

::)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyGirl

Quote"It's fourth and 26 and we need to get it," said bench coach Gary Varsho, who has a knack for seeing the big picture in football terms that Philadelphians understand. "We need to get it, and we need someone else to help us."

:-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Won't it be funny if they manage to tie the Astros today and then lose to them tomorrow? Are all of you going to hurl yourselves into traffic?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

I can say that for the first time in recent memory, I'll be more focused on what the Phillies do on a Sunday in autumn than what the Eagles do

yeah its weird isnt it...im even going to the game risking missing some or all of the eagles first half
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 02, 2005, 10:18:20 AM
I can say that for the first time in recent memory, I'll be more focused on what the Phillies do on a Sunday in autumn than what the Eagles do

yeah its weird isnt it...im even going to the game risking missing some or all of the eagles first half

Making the drive down there?

Article in the paper today was telling fans to take the train or drive the couple of hours down there to cheer them on. Seemed like a HUGE Philly crowd there last night. Have fun. If they lose, be comforted by the fact that you will be blamed for putting a jinx on them.  :evil
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 02, 2005, 08:11:13 AM
Well, it all comes down to this.  I can say that for the first time in recent memory, I'll be more focused on what the Phillies do on a Sunday in autumn than what the Eagles do.

Blasphemy.

ice grillin you

If they lose, be comforted by the fact that you will be blamed for putting a jinx on them

no good...i was there for the first two games and they won

decent crowd yesterday but lower than i would have liked to see...nothing compared to say camden yards when they play there

where in the paper is the story about going down to catch the game

edit: found it in saliburys piece
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles76ersFan

Kinda weird that our season is in the hands of Greg Maddux. I'm sorry, Greg, for hating you all those years.

I can't even imagine a one game playoff tomorrow at CBP. Unreal.

MDS

Game would be at 4 on monday, on espn. I figure they will blow a 4-0 lead or something and then we'll all be jumping off the Ben Franklin or something. Typical Phillies.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Whitman for me. That way I can look directly at CBP and curse Ed Wade while I'm lunging to my death.

MDS

Man if they get to a playoff game against Houston, I think that might save Wade's job. Only a world series should, or actually he shouldn't even have a job, but at this point.....I don't think they'll make the change. Monty and his silent partners are so out of touch with everything. The only thing that can make them think differentley is the $20 mil loss in revenue from attendance.

So...I think were lookin at three options:
1) Wade fired
2) Wade forced to make a big trade/signing to put spark back into team
3) Same offseason as usual, minor additions to "core"

#3! #3!!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on October 02, 2005, 11:18:06 AM
Man if they get to a playoff game against Houston, I think that might save Wade's job. Only a world series should, or actually he shouldn't even have a job, but at this point.....I don't think they'll make the change. Monty and his silent partners are so out of touch with everything. The only thing that can make them think differentley is the $20 mil loss in revenue from attendance.

So...I think were lookin at three options:
1) Wade fired
2) Wade forced to make a big trade/signing to put spark back into team
3) Same offseason as usual, minor additions to "core"

#3! #3!!

It'll be either #3, or #2, but in the case of #2 the trade will turn out to be bad.

PhillyPhreak54

Pat Burrell for Russ Ortiz :-D :paranoid

One of the dudes in the Inky said that the Phils might look to deal Burrell and/or Abreu...he mentioned Burrell to ARZ because Moorad the CEO is Patty's old agent.

Ok, enough negativity. Live in the moment and go put your goddamn Maddux jersey's on.

PhillyPhreak54

Eagles76ersFan

Where is that Bartman dude? I want to make him an offer. If the Cubs and Phillies win today, I will pick up his bar tabs and give him a nice place to live in for the next year.